𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞

Start from the beginning

"Maybe giving you a sharp object wasn't such a good idea." Persephone wonders aloud as she watches Hades menacingly cut a flower stem while sending a fierce glare to the shop owner.

"I could totally make it look like an accident." He reassures her as Persephone shakes her head in disbelief.

"Not in front of the flowers." She scolds. "Plants have feelings too." She takes the flower that Hades has prepared for her and places it with the other flowers in a vase. She doesn't have the heart to cut the flowers herself. It would go against everything she believes in. Luckily, Hades was more than happy to do it for her.

"What's this one called?" Hades asks, holding up the next flower.

"That one's a peony." She tells him, admiring the light pink petals. "It generally symbolises prosperity, good luck, love and honour."

Hades eyebrows scrunch. "How did people decide what the plants would mean?" Persephone just shrugs.

"Ancient myths and legends, I guess." She explains. "Flowers have a whole other language. Victorians used to communicate with them. I think it's cute." She adores how couples can use flowers to express how they feel. She thinks it can be a very meaningful way to show someone how much they mean to you, especially when thought is put into it.

Hades hesitates for a moment before presenting Persephone with the flower and saying, "A peony for your thoughts." Persephone laughs loudly, making Hades smile at her happiness. She never would've expected Hades Addams to use a flower pun.

"That was terrible." She tries to suppress her laughter.

"Yeah... but it got you to laugh so I'll take that as a win." He sends her a charming smile which makes her duck her head bashfully. "What's this one?"

"A carnation." She replies, taking it out of his hand. "Different colours tend to have different meanings. A white carnation symbolises things like innocence and pure love." Hades hangs onto every word she says. He loves watching her talk about the stuff she's passionate about, just to see her eyes light up and her beautiful smile on her lips. "You got a joke for this one?"

Hades stops to think. "Give me a minute. I'll think of one." His face screws up in concentration, making Persephone giggle. It's hard to believe that this adorable man has been accused of attempted murder.

"Oh, I've got one!" She cheers excitedly, making Hades groan. "What in carnation." She looks so pleased with herself that he can't help but laugh at her beaming face.

"I think that one's worse than mine." He jokes, making her slap his chest in retaliation. "Okay, sorry. Mine was worse."

"That's what I thought." She tells him smugly, sliding the carnation into the vase. "You're slacking, Mister! Keep up!"

He smirks at her. "Yes, ma'am." Returning to his work, he picks up the next flower. A rose. Red as ripe pomegranate seeds. It reminds him of the day he met Persephone. Taking extra care, he removes the sharp thorns before cutting the stem. "What does a rose mean?"

"Roses tend to be symbols of love and passion." She looks into Hades' eyes as she says, "Red roses mean 'I love you'... A single red rose is love at first sight or a 'one and only love'. Giving someone a single rose symbolises the giving of your heart." A brief moment passes between the two before Hades holds out the rose for Persephone to take. Their fingers brush as she accepts the flower, leaving metaphorical sparks in their wake. Utterly intoxicated by each other, neither could look away.

Hades had always been heartless. A devil from hell. But she had looked his demons in the eye and smiled. She fell for the very thing he thought she'd fear. And here he was, giving his heart to an angel... and the angel welcomes it openly.