Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Finns pov
I woke up to Robin coming downstairs, with breakfast. Which I accepted, he told me his dad would be back in about an hour and then I could come upstairs.

He seemed very excited, I mean I was too. But I was also super scared about his dad, I just had a bad feeling. But I pushed it aside cause I wanted this to feel like a slightly normal relationship.

Robin left after a few minutes saying he should clean up his room. I mean it did look messy when I saw it the other day but I didn't pay much attention to the room.

Close to an hour passed and Robin came back down.

"My dad's home! " He came closer and put his hand out for me to hold. Which I did and he started leading me upstairs, I stayed behind Robin.

Once we got to the top of the stairs I stopped and looked around a bit. The man was facing away from us as he sat on the couch, till Robin shut the door behind us.

I stayed back. I wouldn't move, the man turned his head and I looked away slowly moving behind Robin. Hiding as much as I could, his dad chuckled a bit but I didn't look up.

I felt shy for some reason, I've seen this man many times, this just feels weird. Robin noticed how I was feeling and asked "you okay?"

I nodded, I was okay. I was just nervous, I had been locked in that basement for a while and I had only been out a few times before.

Robin started walking over to the couch and I stopped, he was about to ask me something but I'm pretty sure he caught on that I was scared to go near his dad.

He rubbed my hand a bit and walked into the living room, I kept my head down. He sat me down on the opposite side of him so I was farthest away from his dad.

They were watching some weird documentary about a serial killer, great. I leaned my body against Robins trying to calm down, I wanted to come upstairs and now I am. So I should be happy.

He rubbed my side and I eventually sat up fully, I looked around a bit. My boyfriend noticed and offered to give me a tour, not before giving his dad a questioning look.

His dad nodded and I finally looked at him, I had never seen his face before. I didn't really react to it, it just made him a lot less scary.

Robin took my hand and led me around, telling me which rooms are what. He told me I couldn't go in his dad's room or the storage room. I nodded and then he went to his room.

Once he was in his room he was about to shut the door but his dad called out "use protection!" Then he laughed. Robin rolled his eyes and I felt a little scared, did he want to do that…

He looked at me with a worried face "don't worry we're not gonna do that, he's just joking" he explained, I nodded and let out a sigh of relief.

My boyfriend pulled me to his closer and wrapped his arms around me. He hugged me tightly holding me there in the middle of his room, his hands went through my hair.

"I love you, and I promise I will do whatever I can to keep you happy here" Robin said as he pulled his head back to look at my face.

I smiled, I was about to lean in for a kiss but someone knocked on the door. It was obviously his dad so he opened it.

I put my face against his chest to try and hide my face from his dad.

"What?" Robin groaned.

"Just checking on you." He said then closed the door, almost all the way.

My boyfriend rolled his eyes and pulled me onto his bed. He laid on top of me and looked at my face, I didn't say anything.

"You're allowed to talk you know." He said resting his face on my chest.

"Oh ok…" I replied

I had no clue what to say, this felt wrong for some reason. I was being allowed to be upstairs, that means his dad trusts me enough to not try anything.

Some time passed and I was loving this feeling, Robin bed was warm and soft. It was the opposite of the mattress downstairs, and knowing I wouldn't get hurt because of this was comforting.

As we were enjoying the moment just looking at each other the door opened. Not even a knock first, the other sat up and looked at his dad.

His dad was looking at me though, he smiled but it was unsettling. "It's time to go back downstairs," he said.

My partner pulled me back into a hug and then grabbed my wrist leaning me out of the room. We made it to the bottom of the stairs and he gave me a quick kiss and then went back up.

I sat down and thought about what just happened, I smiled to myself as I thought of how this means it's getting better. This could mean I won't be a prisoner forever, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Robins pov
I headed back upstairs to see my dad getting ready to leave. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To pick up groceries, I'll be back soon. While I'm gone can you take out the garbage?" I nodded in response and he patted me on the head and left.

I tied the garbage bag and dragged it out to the bin, tossed it in and went back inside. I was glad that Finn can come upstairs now, even if it is just for a bit.

It makes me feel like this could all end well, we're no one else gets hurt. I made some dinner with what we had and then brought some down to Finn.

Before I walked out he asked me something "Robin, what should I call your dad…?" I thought for a second, I really didn't know.

I didn't think Finn planned to talk to him but he was definitely too scared to ignore him.

"Well his name's Albert but I don't know if you want to call him that." I shrugged, he nodded and seemed to have no more questions so I went upstairs.

I was just about to take a bite of my food when the door opened. I put the bowl down and went to help my dad, I put away some of the food.

It didn't take long and then I could eat, I asked if Finn could come back up. He just told me he's been upstairs enough for today, I mean he was up here for maybe 2 hours.

But I nodded. I didn't need to start an argument when things were going so well. I guess that promotion was a good thing after all.