A New World

It was the night after Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, was blown through the stomach by the hands of a demon. Tanjiro was devastated, though he still had to push through and carry out his goal in turning his sister Nezuko back into a human.

Tanjiro layed asleep within the walls of the Butterfly Mansion, trying his hardest to focus on what's ahead instead of mourning over the painful experiences in the past. Adjusting back to normal was the hardest part, though he had no idea what was about to happen to him. Returning from slumber, Tanjiro found himself not wrapped up by the silk sheets of his bed. No longer was he sheltered by the strong and sturdy build of the Butterfly Mansion. Zenitsu and Inosuke were nowhere in sight. Instead he was in the presence of what seemed like a bedroom, though it was like no other bedroom he has ever seen before. There were so many colors everywhere, and the walls were coated in images and figures of a man called "All Might". Tanjiro wondered if this was the work of a demon's blood demon art, because this was certainly not the world he was used to.

"Aaahh! W-who are you?!" Tanjiro turned around to reveal a fluffy, green haired boy standing in the doorway. He had a horrified and confused expression on his face.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I don't know how I got here! Please forgive me!" Tanjiro bowed his head in apology.

"Everything alright in there, Izuku?" A woman's voice was coming from outside the room.

"Uhh, yeah mom! Everything's fine!" The green haired boy called to her in a shaky nervous tone.

The boy let himself into the room and closed the door behind him. Turning towards Tanjiro, he spoke again a little quieter, "So you just.. showed up here and you don't know why..?"

"Yes."

"Uhh, well that's a little weird." The boy let out a small chuckle while rubbing the back of his head, "To me it looked as though you broke into my house, haha.."

"I'm sorry!" Squeezing his eyes shut, Tanjiro bowed again.

"Uh, oh, that's not necessary, it's fine really." The boy said nervously, "It was probably just a quirk malfunction of some sort."

"Quirk malfunction?" Tanjiro lifted his head to ask about those strange, unfamiliar words.

"Well, yeah! Either your quirk or someone else's could've accidentally activated on you, teleporting you to a random location. Although it's possible it wasn't random... that'd be pretty creepy especially if the malfunction came from a villain. I'm sure it's fine though! It'd be really unlikely if....." The boy started muttering about random topics and Tanjiro began to lose track of what he was saying.

"Wait.. I'm sorry, did you say quirk? What's that?" Tanjiro politely interrupted.

The boy stopped talking and looked at him as if he were using Hinokami Kagura while wearing a potato costume.

"You.. don't know what a quirk is?" He asked.

Tanjiro shook his head. After standing still for a while, the boy raised his arm to shake hands. "My name's Izuku Midoriya, sorry I didn't introduce myself right away." He said.

Tanjiro shook his hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you Izuku, my name's Tanjiro Kamado."

Izuku smiled, then said, "We should probably go, just in case my mom finds out your here. It might scare her a bit."

Tanjiro hadn't the slightest idea where he was. So if he stuck with this Izuku kid, maybe he'd find his way back home, to Nezuko. Izuku opened the door and looked both ways to make sure his mother wasn't there. Then he turned around and gave Tanjiro the "all clear" and led him out of the room, then out of his house.

As soon as Tanjiro was exposed to the outdoors, his eyes widened. There were lights hanging from metal poles, people riding on two-wheeled machines, and buildings unlike anything he's ever seen before crowding the streets. Everything was on a whole other level than what he was used to. Passing by, just a few feet from Tanjiro, was a machine with wheels that moved so quick but Tanjiro still caught a glimpse of a person who was riding inside. It was like a Motorwagon, yet it was definitely upgraded.

"You okay?" Izuku look concerned, since everything looked the same as usual to him.

"Uh.. yeah. Yeah, everything's fine." Tanjiro said, still processing the surroundings.

"Okay, well, if you tell me where you live I could take you there." Izuku showed a kind smile.

Turning towards Izuku, Tanjiro said, "Actually, the home where I grew up was where a demon attacked. So, I don't really go there anymore. But if you could take me to Lady Kocho's Butterfly Mansion, that would help a lot!" Then he bowed. Once he lifted his head he saw the confused expression upon Izuku's face.

"Uh..demons..? Mansion..? Butterflies..? You lost me.." He said.

"Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, I'm a Demon Slayer. Mizunoto rank." Tanjiro smiled.

Izuku answered with only a blank stare.

"Uhm, what were you doing before you appeared in my room? Were you hit on the head or something..?" Izuku tried to be polite about it, but it was difficult to understand who Tanjiro was, and where he came from. He seemed nice, but maybe he came from a mental hospital..?

"I was sleeping, in the Butterfly Mansion." Tanjiro replied.

"There's no mansions here... sorry" Izuku told him.

Tanjiro frowned in disbelief. There were clearly mansions everywhere. Some of these buildings were huge!

"Well, um.. maybe tell me about it." Izuku tried reassuring him. "Maybe there's a different place you're thinking of.."

Izuku pulled a flat, rectangular shaped object from his jacket pocket. He then started to stare and poke at it. Tanjiro found this concerning, so he asked, "What's that?"

Izuku looked up from his phone, in disbelief. Tanjiro didn't know what a phone was, or quirks. He also looked surprised when he went outside. 'He probably had a pretty messed up childhood.' Izuku thought.

Tanjiro's eyes widened in horror. A thought filled his head. He looked at Izuku with hope and fear mixed into his fragile eyes. "It's...it's still the Taishō period, right?"