Chapter 11

Lucien and Lucia swam soothingly into the open sea.

The pink mermaid hadn't even made a mistake while swimming.

Lucia's swimming lessons have been improved, thanks to the cerulean merman.

The rose gold mermaid sees the blue-gray stingrays under herself. Lucia outstretches her right hand to touch one of them.

Lucien gives her a chance.

The pink mermaid felt the stingray's back. It was smooth.

The cerulean merman smiled at her. "These stingrays are like sharks." He mentioned.

Lucia looks at him, smiling. "Really?" She inquires.

The rose gold mermaid shrugged. "They seem to be too small to be sharks." She said.

Lucien chuckled. "No, it's just the color and the fact that they don't have bones." He said.

The pink mermaid looked mystified. "If the stingrays and the sharks don't have bones, how can they swim without them?" She wonders.

The cerulean merman shrugs his shoulders. "Beats me. They just got cartilage in them." He replies.

Unfortunately, the princess doesn't understand about the stingrays and the sharks. Maybe the royal scholar might have known that information.

Lucien glanced up. The cerulean merman was excited. "Lucia, check this out!" He exclaimed.

The rose gold mermaid follows his browse. Lucia gasps in awestruck. Her eyes are widened in amazement.

There was a lot of blue tang fishes and sea turtles above them. Swimming by without a care in the ocean world.

The princess brightens her face with her smile.

The cerulean merman keeps eyeing between Lucia and the sea turtles and blue tang fishes.

Lucien does love her smiling face. He sighs.

After a few moments with them, the cerulean merman held her pink mermaid's left hand in his both hands.

Lucien was cheery. "Lucia..." He starts. The rose gold mermaid looks at him. The cerulean merman smiled. "Come see a fish that I want you to see." He said.

The princess raised her eyebrow at him. "Why?" She inquired.

Lucien sighed. "Oh have faith in me, it's not a shy blowfish." He uttered.

The cerulean merman took her to the shallow reefs.

Lucien and Lucia are floating in seawater above the parts of the reefs.

The pink mermaid was perplexed. "What am I looking at?" She asked.

The cerulean merman was patient. Lucien pitied her for not having the same patience as his. "Just give it a moment, Lucia." He answered.

The cerulean merman and the rose gold mermaid kept watching the shallow reefs.

For what appeared from one corner of the reef, there was the little bluish fish with four black stripes. The fish fins are bigger than the body of it. It swam majestically around the shallow reefs.

Lucia was mesmerized by the light blue little fish with four black stripes. The princess was being enchanted by it. "Lucien...it's gorgeous..." she whispers.

The cerulean merman was passionate. Lucien blinked his eyes once. "This is an angelfish...like myself..." He said softly.

The pink mermaid blinked her eyes thrice times. Lucia was astounded at him. "You are?" She wondered.

Lucien nodded his head twice in his reply.

Then, the cerulean merman was still passionate. "I have the resemblance of the angelfish. The half of me looks like that fish." He mentioned.

The princess was more surprised than before.

Not only she was saved by a merman a few days ago.

Lucia was rescued by the underwater angel.

The rose gold mermaid always thinks why are the princes on land couldn't be like Lucien.

They are nothing compared to Lucien.

The princess feels her heart beating rapidly. Lucia was lovestruck. "Lucien, you are kind, caring and the most beautiful merman I have ever met." She confesses quietly.

The pink mermaid hopes his love returns to her.

And it did.

Lucien holds her both hands in his. "Lucia, you are sweet, gentle and the most beautiful mermaid I have ever met. I really wanted no one else but you." He admitted.

The rose gold mermaid was happier.

Then, she seemed to have forgotten something since the incident from the surface.

Her family.

What would her family think of the princess as a mermaid than a human being?

The cerulean merman detected her emotional tearless eyes. "Lucia?" He asks.

The pink mermaid stares up at him. "I don't know if I am a mermaid." She answers in her sob.

Lucien becomes compassionate. The cerulean merman has no idea why Lucia's upset of herself.

Lucien cups her face. He had to look thru her eyes deeper.

The rose gold mermaid was depressed. "I can't explain about my family and my life...I loved my family...but sometimes...Sometimes I wished they could just stop themselves and listened to me...I was lonely away from home...My mother was good to the fishes...But my father and brother still wants to eat them...No matter how many times my mother says no...I have nothing against vegetables...I...I can't keep up with everybody's expectations and they think I'm important to them...when my family didn't ask me for what makes me happy...I don't even know what happy means anymore..." she sobbed.

Lucia closed her eyes. The pink mermaid can't take the spell going from the two white witches. She was so lost in her sorrow.

The cerulean merman began to understand her sadness. Lucien closes his eyes halfway. He leaned his head forward gradually.

The cerulean merman was still compassionate. "Lucia...you are a mermaid to me..." he said in his soothing tone of voice.

Lucien closed his eyes.

He planted a kiss on her lips.

After a few seconds, the princess's body was transformed into something more stunning than before.

The white sparkles shined on her.

After several moments of transformation, Lucia had been changed into the same mermaid form. But much different.

Her rose gold tail fin got bigger. Around her waist has the lining strings of pearls. Her pink jumpsuit had became the same look, adding the opaque lighter color of her long skirt.

The rose gold mermaid's head has the blue jewels on her tiara.

The cerulean merman made a kiss sound. Lucien opened his eyes.

He was blown away.

The cerulean merman took a real notice of her sudden change in appearance.

Lucien was amazed. "Lucia...your gills are gone..." he whispered.

The princess had become a real pink mermaid.

True facts about the stingrays and the sharks! Next part soon!