Chapter 5

Pearl made something to cheer Lucia up.

The purple mermaid brought over the wooden cutting board of chopped sea greens.

The princess was seated on Lucien's bed again. She touched her rose gold tail fin again.

Lucia was melancholy about earlier.

Not only she became a mermaid by the two white witches. The pink mermaid got gills by the same people with magic.

Pearl sighs before approaching her. The purple mermaid was compassionate. "Hello, dear. I figured I could bring you something to eat after your swimming lesson today. To make you happy dear." She said.

Lucia takes a peek at the wooden cutting board.

The princess made a funny face after looking at the unusual green leaves. "Are these vegetables or something?" Lucia asked.

Pearl was confident. "Oh, it's just sea mixed greens. Seaweeds, sea grapes, sea kelps, algae, you name it." She answered.

The rose gold mermaid choked in disgust. Lucia smiled awkwardly. "Well, I appreciate what you made for me." She said. The pink mermaid shook her head. Lucia was being polite. "Ah, thank you again but I'm not hungry." She said.

The purple mermaid tilted her head to her left in confusion. "Have you ever eaten a fish before?" She wondered.

There's a question that the princess knew so well.

Lucia shook her head again. "No." She added, replying. "My mother requested to my father not to eat food from the sea anymore. We kinda grown up with just vegetables and fruits." Lucia admitted in her explanation.

Pearl made a proud smile at the rose gold mermaid. "That's good to hear dear. People on land need to let go of the fishes on water. I can't imagine the ocean without them." She mentioned.

Then, the purple mermaid continued speaking. Pearl was frowning. "Take that bass fish for instance. It got caught by the fisherman one day and then what happens. The bass fish became the singing sensation." She argued.

The purple mermaid shook her head. "Humans in the world right now." Pearl muttered.

The princess took a little bite of the seaweed. Just to get the purple mermaid to stop talking about fish and other things.

Lucia has lots of stuff in her mind.

Will her twin brother changed his mind about what he has done to his sibling? Or will Lucas be a devious prince of the castle?

How will her father and mother believe that she was under the spell of the mermaid?

Will the king and queen save her?

How can her father help? The king was tired and in recovery from his injury.

If the queen leaves the castle, who will be in charge of the kingdom?

Not Lucas. Her brother has no idea how to rule the castle during his education.

The princess was interrupted by Pearl.

The purple mermaid was delighted. "How's my homemade sea greens doing for you dear?" She asks.

The pink mermaid kinda kept chewing on the seaweed. She would have gagged. She would have spit out after her first taste of it. She would have gotten sick.

But instead, Lucia seems to enjoy it. The rose gold mermaid made her nervous smile. "It's good actually." She answers.

It got her ill after saying that to Pearl out loud.

Since Lucia becomes the mermaid for two days, she grew to love sea greens.

The princess was not herself.

To make the purple mermaid happy without hurting her feelings, Lucia carry on eating the sea greens.

This is so not the kind of Princess Lucia is back in the castle.

Tortured is more like it.

———————

Back in the castle, Prince Lucas told his mother about what happened to his sister.

His father, the king, was still resting in his bed chamber.

The queen was sudden. "A mermaid?" She wonders.

The prince nodded his head. Lucas was disappointed more than his mother was. "Lucia has a month to break the spell." He replies in his mention.

The queen was worrying. "If your sister doesn't break it on time?" She asked.

Prince Lucas was sorrowful. "The ocean will take her. As a mermaid." He answered.

The queen took a deep breath. She was fierce. "My sweet girl needs help. I'm going to go find the princess." The queen declared.

The prince was bewildering. "How? How can you find Lucia in the sea? And the kingdom?" He inquired so many questions.

The queen pulled out her lion's paw shell necklace. "You talked to your father what you told me. I'm going to the docks and go after her." She said.

The queen left the prince.

Lucas was confused with his mother.

The queen made it to the docks as she had said. She looked at her lion's paw shell necklace. The queen was gloomy. "Don't worry, Lucia. I'm coming." She said to her lion's paw shell necklace.

The queen faced the enormous ocean.

She grabbed the string of her necklace with her both hands.

The queen tore it apart.

She spread out her arms wide. The queen shuts her eyes.

Her garnet red dress transformed into her tail fin.

She reopens her eyes. The queen took a deep breath.

She used her dark red tail fin to jump off the pier.

The queen dived into the sea.

Back at the witch's house, Sara ran outside from her home. She was excited.

Cory followed her. She was mystified. "Sara, what is it?" Cory wondered.

Sara stopped and faces Cory. Sara can't stop smiling big. "Cory, it's Sandra! She's returning to the ocean!" Sara exclaimed in her reply.

Next part soon!