Bittersweet Endings

Start from the beginning

"I agree, now can we please move this party to the dancefloor? I see someone who's definitely coming home with me tonight." Kioko, Nova's maid of honour winked seductively at a stranger across the room causing the woman to burst out in laughter.

"The party has now arrived." A familiar voice shouted, drawing attention to herself.

"Genevieve, what are you doing here?" Cara questioned in disbelief.

"You didn't think I would miss my baby brother's wedding now did you sis?"

The colour had visibly drained from Nova's face, after all her last encounter with Gen did not go so well.

"Nova, are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." Genevieve provoked, a sinister smile painted across her face.

"Listen here you little..."

"Kioko stop, it's okay - let's just all try and have a good night. Please excuse me, I need to use the bathroom."

"I'll come with you." Kioko followed her friend, leaving Cara to deal with Genevieve.

"Listen Gen, I know you love been the centre of attention - the leading lady in your brothers lives but that has changed and I won't let you treat Nova the same way you treated me when I first joined the family."

"You're right and I'm sorry. I promise to be on my best behaviour." Genevieve spoke, almost sounding sincere.

"Good, now I'm going to bring Nova back here - try not to cause any more trouble."

2 hours later

Moretti's private bar

"Is that my wife?" Alessio gasped, causing everyone's heads to snap in the direction he was looking.

"And that's Kioko behind her." Kaiden mentioned alarmingly as the woman climbed on top of the bar and began dancing.

"What the hell is going on here?"

"Baby, come dance with me." Cara cried while Alessio helped her off the bar top.

"I think they're high." Nikoli adds, holding a barely conscious Kioko upright.

"Where is Nova?" Kaiden questioned in worry.

"Don't worry, Genevieve said she has a special wedding present for Nova before dropping us off here and driving off."

"Genevieve?" Kaiden and Alessio looked at each other in shock.

"You and Javier get the girls to a hospital, Nikoli and I will find Nova and my sister." Kaiden directed, not allowing his impaired senses to cloud his judgement.

"Let me know if I must call in reinforcements." Javier, Fernando's son offered.

"Thank you, brother."

Undisclosed location

Nova awoke restrained, panic immediately running through her body. A few rays of sun crept into the unfamiliar space she had found herself in which caused realisation to hit - it was now the day of her wedding.

"Good, you're awake."

"Gen, what the hell is going on?" Nova spat, trying to loosen the rope around her wrists.

"You have a very whiney voice. I wonder how my brother puts up with you."

"You crazy bitch, what do you want from me?"

"Let's wait for all our guests to arrive, they should be here in three, two..." Genevieve counted down as she taped Nova's mouth shut.

"Nova!" Kaiden burst into the room, his father and Nikoli providing back up.

"Right on time, I wouldn't take another step if I was you brother." Genevieve stood behind her prisoner, gun in hand.

"Sweetheart, what's going on? Talk to me." Dante calmly spoke, trying to deescalate the situation.

"I'll tell you what's going on daddy - your precious son over there and this slut is the reason the love of my life is dead."

"Love of your life? Are you talking about Jerome that deranged sociopath?" Kaiden interjected.

"That's enough son."

"Just say the word brother and I will take down this crazy bitch."

"Oh Nikoli, still angry that I banged your father?"

"Genevieve that is enough." Dante spoke with authority as Nikoli seethed.

"No father it is not, not until Kaiden knows what its like to lose the person he loves. At first, I just wanted to protect you baby brother by getting rid of Nova, she was just so toxic - that's why I helped Jerome with all his schemes - using a fake Hailey to distract you was even my idea until he twisted it into something much more malice but now I want you to suffer."

"I knew I wasn't going crazy, Gen just put the gun down and all will be forgiven - we're family and I love you."

"That love does absolutely nothing for me, now say goodbye to your precious Star."

Just as Nova closed her eyes, making peace with the fact that she was about to die - a gunshot rang through her ears, while blood dripped down her face... the only thing is, it wasn't her own. Dante fired a single shot, hitting Genevieve in the shoulder and bringing her to the floor - allowing the men enough time to restrain her.

"Are you okay, did she hurt you?" Kaiden questioned, freeing Nova from her restraints and embracing her.

"I'm okay, I just want to get out of here." She kissed Kaiden.

"Get a room you two, or at least wait for the honeymoon." Nikoli joked.

"You should've just killed me." Gen groaned, blood pouring out of her wound as paramedics took care of her with police watching closely.

"Are you okay dad?"

"I will be son. Now, don't we have a wedding to get to?"

"Dad, I don't think we should."

"Nonsense, this family needs something to celebrate - that's if Nova is up to it."

The men turn to Nova who graciously smiles,

"Let's get married." She holds out her hand to Kaiden.

"Nothing would make me happier."

The end.

Thank you to all my readers for completing this journey with me, I genuinely appreciate each one of you.

If you enjoyed this book, feel free to check out its prequel 'Saved by Sin' - the story of Kaiden's parents, Athena and Dante...hotter, sexier drama awaits.

Lots of love, TheEnigmaticJesse.