"Shhhh..." Damien quickly shushed her up, his concerned gaze boring into hers as he said, "Keep being optimistic and stop having such negative thoughts, okay? Whatever happens, I'm here for you."

Bringing her knuckles to his lips again, he pressed soft kisses on them, and Madison's gaze watered at his affectionate gestures.

At every turn, he showered so much love on her that sometimes Madison thought it was unreal.

"What about the doctor? He isn't here with you and...."

"Here I am, now." A voice interrupted her, and both of them turned to look at the door where the older man was coming in from.

In his hands, he held some files, a bag that looked like it contained some drugs, and a stethoscope hung around his neck.

Madison's heart plummeting instantly; she could already guess that he was here with news of her scan.

The nurse had told her the results wouldn't take up to 30 minutes before it was ready, and as she felt sweat drizzle through her skin, her hands which were intertwined with Damien's, shook heavily.

The doctor smiled warmly as he approached his seat, and clearing his throat; he apologized for the little time he must have wasted.

"It's nothing, doctor. You can take your time." Damien retorted after the doctor's apology, and at the same time, Madison felt him squeeze her hands again.

"So, are the tests out yet?" She began to ask eagerly, her heart pounding still.

Suddenly she was curious to know, and luckily the doctor obliged her by saying, "Yes, the test is ready, and allow me to take a seat before I share the information with you both."

"Sure, sure." Madison replied again, eyes blinking, and her breath suddenly becoming a bit shallow.

It felt like ages, watching the doctor sit, and finally, when he began to open the files he brought, she let out a sigh of relief.

"So we'll start with Mr. Damien first." The doctor started, and with a smile, he went on and on about how the sharp tests run on him didn't show anything positive.

"... however, you should be wary of your sugar levels. It's not steady, and I recommend limiting sugar intake during this period."

When the doctor finished talking, Damien only nodded, and turning to face her, he winked and said, "You know this is your fault, right?"

"What? How?" She asked with a light chuckle, her eyes twinkling mischievously even though she knew what he was talking about.

However, it was not her fault that he was a glutton and stuffed his stomach with the sugary snacks she made for his sister some days.

"Now, back to you, Miss Connor." The doctor interrupted, and dragging her gaze away from Damien, Madison fearfully looked at the smiling older man.

"Well, from your blood samples, we didn't discover any waning health issue, and that's a very good sign."

"Yes, it is." Damien chimed in while she still kept mute.

The blood tests were the least of her concerns now. She wanted to know what they'd seen during the scan, and instinctively, her hands went to the left side of her stomach, where the scar from years back lay proudly.

Rubbing it gently and inhaling tightly, Madison looked at the doctor, but this time he had his eyes glued to the files and papers splayed out in front of him.

"So..." He began, looking up from the file with a rather tense look, and then he announced, "This is a miracle, Miss Connor."

"Huh?"