Chapter 116

SOME DAYS LATER

Madison placed the last washed dishes in the kitchen cabinet and quickly turned off the dishwasher.

Whistling away and dancing about, a small smile appeared on her lips as she quickly cleaned her wet hands with a spare dry towel in the large kitchen.

Her ears roamed about the lovely spacious room she was in, and her smile widened all the more as she began to think about the events of the past few days.

It'd been six days or almost a week since Damien had been discharged and just four days since she'd packed fully into this mansion, and she was falling in love with the place every minute.

Was it this kitchen she frequented, making unique, delicious dishes for Damien? Or was it the large garden she wandered to during the day to breathe some nice fresh air? That garden was like a safe haven for her, and the whole house was already growing in on her.

She loved the building, his mother and sister loved it, and sometimes Madison wondered if this was where they'd spend their lives now that he'd decided to move back to London.

He'd told her his plans, and Madison now had it at the back of her mind that Damien wanted to marry her and build a home.

He'd said all these just yesterday when she'd been with him, nestled in his arms as they stared at the open sky and stars from the balcony of his magnificent room.

They shared a room, and a bubble rose in Madison's throat as she recounted how they seemed to be behaving just like a normal married couple, and the thought warmed her heart.

Damien had forced her to bring all her things to the mansion days after he'd left the hospital, and she couldn't even refuse because of his sick state.

Moreover, her parents had instantly agreed, and she'd had no say likewise. Not that she wanted to object, but maybe she could have put up a fight or something.

"Oh, silly me, like I don't even want to be here." She scoffed out loud suddenly, and realizing that she'd spoken out, she blushed embarrassingly.

Prancing out of the kitchen and walking down the large winding hallway that led to Damien's home office, Madison slowly wrapped her hands around herself.

The house was eerily quiet as she walked about, and Madison, for a second wondered where Layla had gone too, or even Mrs Daniel. Maybe they were by the garden, and since they were the least of her concern now, she decided to continue to her destination.

She wanted to check on Damien and see what he was up to. She did this every hour of the day... every minute rather.

She never wanted to stop seeing him or staring at his gorgeous face. She would never get tired of looking at him, and no matter how hard she tried to stop herself from even staring, it was so difficult.

Oh well... The stares and unbridled attraction were mutual because she'd caught him staring back at her. His eyes glazed over, his face also moody that sometimes Madison wished she could read what was going on in his head.

As she approached the home office, Madison steps sharply slowed down when she suddenly heard some voices coming out from the room.

She could hear the sounds through the thin walls, and for a second, she froze as she tried to decipher what was going on and who Damien was talking to.

That's when she remembered. Mr Paul and Mr Rudiger, Damien's lawyer and investigator, had visited him earlier.

She'd even served them snacks before leaving to take care of the kitchen.