Chapter 6 - part one

Sitting on the sofa the news flashes again saying this 'joe' guy had killed again. I have to admit I'm impressed they haven't caught him yet. the only reason me and soul didn't get caught was the fact we live in the woods but he possible can't. not without slender knowing. and anyway he couldn't last without some way if getting food and water. the only way I found water was with soul's help. if he is surviving in slender woods he's got a good chance making it in slender mansion.

"Masky, hoodie I think it's time" slender announces. masky and hoodie stand up and pull out their knifes.

"Slender?" I call him from the sofa.

"Yes child?" he asks standing next to me.

"Can I go? I haven't been out in a while and I was hopping I could help?" I ask.

"I'm sure masky and hoodie could use some back up so of course child" slender allows.

"Thank you!" I jump up and run to the door to masky and hoodie.

"Where you going?" masky asks.

"With you" I say in a duh tone. I'm already in my hunting clothes so I'm ready to go.

"W-wait f-for m-me!" Toby shouts running to us.

"Why is Toby coming?" masky asks moaning.

"Hey! leave him alone he's coming too!" I snap pointing my knife in masky's face.

"Children I don't want any fights I want everyone to come back in one piece" slender warns.

I put my knife away and glare at masky. Toby is my friend and no matter how annoying his ticks are to people I will always defend him. and clockwork is my friend too and he's her boyfriend which makes me his bodyguard when she isn't around.

"Why don't we split up?" hoodie suggests.

"What a great idea hoodie! I will go with Toby and you two can go off and have some gay time!" I sing pulling Toby behind me. (this is no offensive to gays by the way!)

"We are not gay!" masky shouts from the doorway.

"Yeah whatever grumpy" I shout over my shoulder. he is grumpy.

Walking into the woods a silence fills the trees. the only sound coming from Toby's ticks and our feet crunching the leaves under us.

"T-thanks" Toby ticks and cracks his neck.

"That's what friends do" I switch my senses on and listen to the woods around us. I only hear animals which makes me relax slightly.

"A-are y-you g-going t-to s-stay?" Toby asks.

I've thought about staying but I just don't know if soul wants to. and I can't stand the thought of her not being around. she's my best friend and I can't lose her. she's the only one who knows my story. she knows everything about me. i trust her. so what if she doesn't want to stay? the possibility of her leaving and me staying has never been an option. if she leaves I leave.

"I'm not sure yet Toby" a sad smile makes its way to my lips.

If i don't stay I'll still come and visit this pack of weirdos. I'll miss them that's for sure. each if them has had a impact on me. even Jeff I'd miss. they way we argue and try to kill each other. I'd miss that. as much as I don't like to admit it I enjoy our arguments. id even miss mr grumpy and mr shy. I'd defiantly miss the girls.

"I-I'd m-miss y-you g-guys" Toby sighs.

"You'd defiantly miss your therapist" I joke.

Toby goes quiet.