𝐯𝐢. 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter six ―― or something

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter six ―― or something

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "SO MERLE, THE JACKASS FROM ATLANTA, IS HIS BROTHER?" Josh asked, looking at the brunette but he had his finger pointed at Daryl who was getting his crossbow ready by the firepit

"Yep." She nodded, her arms wrapped around her shins as they sat on the ground by the rv – they were under the pavilion.

"And Rick wants to go get Merle?"

"Rick's a good guy, it's what he does." She shrugged. "Always has been."

"He your brother or something?"

"Or something." She chuckled. "Shane's my brother and they've been best friends for as long as I can remember. Rick's been around my whole life, so he's like my brother."

"Could you just throw me a bone, here, man?" Charlie looked up to see Rick in his police uniform and Shane following behind him."Why would you risk your life for a douchebag like Merle Dixon?"

"Hey, choose your words more carefully." Daryl told him, taking up for his big brother.

"No, I did." Shane nodded. "Douchebag's what I meant." He told him before looking back at his best friend. "Merle Dixon – that man wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst."

"What he would or wouldn't do doesn't interest me." Rick stated, his good guy nature coming to play. "I can't let a man die of thirst – me. Thirst and exposure."

"See?" Charlie smiled at the boy that sat to her left.

"We left him like an animal caught in a trap. That's no way for anything to die, let alone a human being."

"So you and Daryl, that's your big plan?" Lori asked, sounding a little more than skeptical. Then Rick looked over at Glenn and the boy sighed, clearly upset he was being asked to go back into the city.

"Oh, come on."

"You know the way. You've been there before – in and out, no problem. You said so yourself." Rick told him. "It's not fair of me to ask – I know that – but I'd feel a lot better with you along." He then motioned towards his wife. "I know she would too." Then he looked over at Charlie, she was chewing on her lip and habit he had seen over the past several years and he knew she wanted to speak up. "I want Charlie, too."