~Chapter 24~

I looked up as the Rito Stable came into sight; the sun shining down on us. Zelda chatted away as her excitement grew.

I rubbed my eyes, resting my head on Link's back again. My stomach was upset with nerves as we got closer. I didn't know what to expect, only making my nerves worse.

"Hey, MeyMey, you alright?"

I glanced up, tapping my fingers on my wrist.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been fidgeting for the last 15 minutes."

"Mm... I just... don't know what to expect after you get your last memory. What's gonna happen once we get to the castle, and all..."

"Yeah."

He grew quiet as Zelda snapped the reins, her horse moving faster as her excitement grew.

"Well... I know this is easier said than done, but... If you try focusing on what you can do now, instead of what might happen, you won't be so nervous. I know it's really hard, but maybe if you try doing that, it'll help a little?"

"I can try, I don't know if I'll get it, though."

"Mhm. And sometimes even just trying for a little is better than nothing."

He squeezed my hand, glancing back at me.

"You probably weren't listening, but Zelda's gonna head up to the village. She wants to look around and see the Rito while we stay down here."

"That's fine with me."

He nodded, before looking forward again.

"The last memory we're visiting is about half an hour away from the stable, so we'll be riding a little longer. We'll let Zelda head off to the village. There are guards on the way, so she should be fine."

I nodded, then sighed.

"It'll be okay. It won't be much longer now."

The horses slowed, and Zelda glanced at us.

"I'll meet you two here once we've all finished," she said.

Link nodded.

"Stay safe," I said.

Zelda smiled, before returning the nod. She turned her horse, then started up the bridge to the village. Link turned his horse to follow the path further into the trees.

"There should be a shrine around the spot. And there's a lake, too. It's been a while since I went to that shrine, but I remember where it is."

"Oh, yeah, we've passed a lot of those. How many did you go visit?"

"All 120."

I choked as Link laughed at my reaction.

"120?! Is that why it took almost a year after you woke up?"

"Y-yeah. Zelda tried to guide me, but... I didn't really know what to do or where to go. It's like I was just dropped into this giant new world with no clue what was going on. I eventually got there, though."

He laughed again, and I smiled.

"Even without your memory, you're still a dork, y'know that."

His giggles grew, and I could feel my smile widen.

"Oh, that's right. You'll be hearing from Revali soon?"

"It's safe to assume that's what'll happen. I don't know how they connect with me, but they do. And all I have to do is be near the Divine Beasts."