𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐫

SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter three ―― cool car

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter three ―― cool car

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE WALKED THE FENCE of tin cans they had strung up as a sort of alarm if any walkers got too close to camp

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE WALKED THE FENCE of tin cans they had strung up as a sort of alarm if any walkers got too close to camp. She had her pistol - a 1985 Kimber micro - tucked into the waistband of her jeans and a pocket knife attached to her pocket as her eyes scanned the trees. She usually hated walking the fence, but she was willing to do just about anything to avoid Shane or people in general.

She stopped and sat down, her back against a thick tree trunk and she laid her head back, her eyes on the bits of the blue sky she could see between the tree branches above her. She lightly chewed on her lip, her hands shaking slightly with the thought that Mason might not make it back.

"You're insane." The boy laughed, his blue eyes on the brunette as she climbed a fence and hoisted herself over the top.

"Keep up." She smirked as she climbed down the other side before jumping the rest of the way. "Come on, Mason." She shook the fence a little, looking up at the boy between the chainlink.

He rolled his eyes, but pulled himself up the fence. "You're gonna get me killed one of these days." He muttered, mostly to himself then he let himself drop to the ground next to her.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" She asked and he rolled his eyes and they made their way towards the old condemned playground. It had been their hangout since they were kids, and that wasn't gonna change because they claimed it was falling apart and they put a fence around it.

"The things I do for you." He huffed, following her to the old swing set - it was missing a few swings and the chains were a little rusty but neither cared too much as they sat down. Charlie pushed herself back with her feet and the swing squeaked as she swung forward.

She swung forward again and it made the same noise, just a little quieter but before she could push herself back they heard voices and they turned to see a guy they had gone to school with and an older man. It was dark, but with the dim glow of the street light they could make out the trading of objects.