𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter two ―― they need help

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter two ―― they need help

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SMILED A LITTLE as she stretched her legs out and closed her eyes

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SMILED A LITTLE as she stretched her legs out and closed her eyes. She was sitting in a chair on top of the rv with Dale standing next to her. She let out a soft sigh as she let her body relax, there hadn't been much time, if any, to actually let herself relax since the outbreak started and it felt nice even if the chair was uncomfortable.

"I thought you came up here to help me watch the camp." Dale stated, a small chuckle behind his words.

"In a minute, please. The sun feels nice."

"Alright." He nodded, laughing lightly at the girl. He had seen how hard she had been working, especially with the kids to keep them entertained and busy, and he knew that she could use even the smallest of breaks and the camp was pretty much quiet.

"Hey, Dale." Lori called out as she looked up at the man. "I'm headed out." She told him before looking over at Carl. "Sweetheart, I want you to stay where Dale or Charlie can see you, okay?" She told the boy who was sitting in the dirt playing with some toy cars.

"Yes, mom."

"You too." Dale called after her as she turned to walk away. "Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll send Charlie runnin'."

"Yes, mom." Lori muttered as she walked away and Charlie sat up as she looked at the older man.

"You'll send me?"

"Who has a better chance of getting there faster, you or me?" He asked, a smile on his lips and she chuckled. "Besides, I've seen you with a gun, you're a good shot."

She smiled as she stood up, looking around the camp to make sure she had eyes on everyone and she did, with the exception of Lori and Shane. She sighed, shaking her head a little then she held her hand out to Dale and he passed her the binoculars. She put them to her eyes and looked around the trees, making sure they were clear, at least as far she could see.