𝐢. 𝐢 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter one ―― i asked nicely

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter one ―― i asked nicely

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "SULK ALL YOU WANT, it ain't gonna make me feel bad

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "SULK ALL YOU WANT, it ain't gonna make me feel bad. You're alive and that's all that matters to me."

You can be a real jackass sometimes." Charlie muttered, rolling her eyes as she pushed herself off the hood of Shane's jeep and walked away from her brother. She made her way towards the group of kids who were playing with the few toys they had and she sat down, wrapping her arms around her shins. "Grown ups suck." She mumbled and the kids laughed, which brought a smile to her lips.

"I know you wanted to go." Carl stated as he looked up at the brunette. "But I'm glad you stayed, I like having you around."

"I like being around, kiddo." She smiled as she ruffled his hair, he swatted at her hands but the gesture was playful. "No, you get back here." She mumbled, pulling the kid into her lap as she tickled his sides. He laughed as he wiggled in her grasp. Lori smiled at the two, she had always been fond of the girl and even more so the way she was with Carl.

"Alright." Charlie smiled as she stopped tickling the boy but she kept him in her lap. "You think he's had enough?" She looked over at the other three kids, all three shaking their heads. "No?" She chuckled. "No?" She let the boy go and moved towards the other three. "What if I tickled you?" She asked, jumping towards them, landing on her side in the dirt and they all laughed but before she could actually get to them the C.B. radio hummed to life, making everyone turn towards it, all hoping it was good news from the rest of the group who had ventured into the city for supplies.

"Hello." A voice cut through the static, and though it wasn't anyone from their group. "Hello. Can anybody hear my voice?"

Charlie shoved herself from the dirt, but Amy, another girl in their group, beat her to it. "Hey. Hello?" She questioned, but there was more static.

"Can you hear my voice?"

"Yes, I can hear you. You're coming through. Over." A smile pulled at her lips as she looked up at Charlie and Dale – an older man with a white beard and a bucket hat on his head.