𝐢. 𝐢 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲

Start from the beginning

"If anybody reads, please respond." Charlie huffed, kicking at the ground. It was clear that despite the fact that they could hear him, he couldn't hear a word Amy was saying. "Broadcasting on emergency channel. Will be approaching Atlanta on highway 85. If anybody reads, please respond."

"We're just outside the city." The blonde stated, but all she got in response was static. "Hello. Hello?" She questions, but nothing. "He couldn't hear me. I tried to warn him."

"Try to raise him again." Dale told her as the others gathered around, it was the first time they had heard from anyone outside of their group for a while.

"Let me." Charlie offered, bending down next to the blonde who handed her the mic. "Hello?" Charlie questioned, her brown eyes narrowed on the knobs as she turned them just a little hoping to get the guys attention. "Hello? Can you hear me?" She sighed as nothing but static came through.

"Come on, son, you know best how to work this thing." Dale looked up at Shane as he neared then, lodging his ax in the stump the radio sat on as he squatted down and held his hand out to his sister and she handed it over.

"Hello, hello. Is the person who called still on the air?" He asked and Charlie chewed on her lip as they waited but got no response. "This is officer Shane Walsh broadcasting to person unknown. Please respond."

"We lost him." Charlie huffed, pushing her hair out of her face. "Damnit." She shoved herself to her feet, kicking at the ground.

"There are others. Not just us." Lori stated, hoping that it would ease the group. Maybe even give them some hope.

"We knew there would be, right? That's why we left the C.B. on." Shane told her.

"Lotta good it's been doing."

"Okay." Shane sighed, letting his head hang a little.

"And I've been saying for a week we oughta put signs up on 85 and warn people away from the city." Lori told him.

"Folks got no idea what they're getting into." Amy added.

"Well, we haven't had time." Shane pushed himself to his feet.

"Haven't we?" Charlie mumbled, her eyes narrowed slightly on her brother and he turned to her.

"Not now." He huffed. "I get your pissed at me, but this ain't helping." She rolled her eyes, but nodded her head.

"I think we need to make time." Lori stated, her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, that – that's a luxury we can't afford. We are surviving here. We are day to day."

"And who the hell would you propose we send?" Dale asked, hoping to ease the arguing.

"I'll go." Lori stated. "Give me a vehicle."

"Nobody goes anywhere alone, you know that." Shane huffed, seemingly getting annoyed with the conversation.

"I know how to shoot, you taught me yourself, and Daryl's been teachin' me how to use a bow. I'll go." Charlie added, getting a grateful nod from the woman on her left.

"No way in hell." Shane pointed a stern finger at his sister and she narrowed her eyes at him then Lori walked past them, muttering a yes, sir. "Why do you wanna leave so bad?"

"I wanna help." She shrugged a little. "That's it." She looked up at him, her face unchanging and he sighed before looking in the direction Lori had gone. "Go. I got the kid." She told him and he squeezed her shoulder before he walked away and Charlie turned towards Carl.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah." She nodded, a smile pulling at her lips as she squatted down in front of him. "Everyone's just a little on edge. How about me and you-"