Part 45: Agreement

Começar do início

This might be the only wedding he'll get to be the groom. Why not just make it his dream wedding? The wedding he sometimes let himself imagine. Even Though this marriage would be just a show, Jimin knows he will miss some amount of fun. It would mean that sleeping with other people is forbidden because that would be considered cheating in the public eye.

Therefore, for this wedding, location, theme, colors, flowers and outfits, Jimin will get them all his way.

Chuckling while turning his car into the gate of his parents house, Jimin parks his car right at the front of the house entrance before he gets out of the car. His thumb scrolled on his phone while walking inside. He should look for wedding theme ideas. There's an app that he likes to go to for inspiration, and Jimin's mood is lightened up by the design. Right, he will have fun with it.

"Hey." Jimin greets the parents right when he reaches the living room. He puts his phone into his pocket. "What did I miss?" It feels like the conversation was going on before he came.

"Come sit." Jimin's mom pats on the empty space beside her on the couch. She opens her arms, gesturing that she wants to give her son a hug. "Thank you." Park Yuna utters once Jimin is in her arms. "Thank you so much."

"I'm willing to help." Jimin pulls back from a hug before he glances at the Jeon parents, giving them a light smile. Not giving Jungkook who's sitting beside his parents at the opposite side of them. "It's not like I have to start a family or actually live with Jungkook. This is completely fine."

The parents look at each other. Jimin's dad inhales deeply, glancing at his friends and wife before he looks at Jimin. It feels like he wants to say something. "Jimin-ah."

"It's just a document and publicity, right? This marriage." Jimin tilts his head, not having a good feeling about this. He can sense something is coming his way.

"Jimin-ah. We're gonna need to talk further about this marriage." Jimin's dad states. "Lee Yunho is a smart guy."

"Yeah, and evil." Jimin nods, shaking his knees while listening. "What else are you guys telling me about? Please."

"As you know, he will watch us every step. He will try to sabotage your relationship, and it's possible he can come up with the potential rumors which would be bad for our reputati-"

"Oh my god. Stop beating around the bush." Jungkook's dad rolls his eyes at Park Seung-ho. "Jimin-ah. You and Jungkook would need to move in together."

"What?" Jimin almost yells. "Me and Jungkook? Need to what?"

"You heard me." Jungkook's dad says, trying to keep his voice gentle. It's his lovely Jimin he's talking to. "We need to make it realistic, and just document is not enough."

Trying to digest it quickly, Jimin lets out a sigh. He can't even go against it. Jimin completely understands how it's something they need to do. Jimin didn't think about that at all. He presses his lips into a line. He doesn't have a choice no matter how much he's trying to think really hard about how to get out of living with Jungkook. "Is there anything else you should know?"

"We're so sorry, Jimin and Jungkook. I'm so sorry for making your life become this way." Park Yuna looks down on the floor, trying to hide her sad emotions traveling through her eyes.

"It's completely fine with me, ajumma. I'm happy to be married to him." Jungkook utters, keeping his gaze on Jimin who finally glances at him. It's more like a glare.

"Can you stop with the bullshit? We both know why you're happy to marry me." Jimin gives Jungkook an intimidating look, and Jungkook is not backing from eye contact. The big doe eyes are trying so hard to show his sincerity, but it doesn't seem like the smaller one wants to open up to feel it. "I also want to clarify that whatever happened between me and Jungkook is casual. It's just physical and not serious. Just because we do things, doesn't mean that we're in love. Romance is never our thing."