Chapter 14: With love on the line 2

Start from the beginning

"Who is that partner then?"

"If I have to count all the partners in our project we won't get this meeting done by today Mr. Ri. It is enough for you to know that MAF &co. is one of the partners"

Jeong Hyeok gritted his teeth at the man's reply. The way he was showing off his company, mentioning it every two seconds and acting as if they owned the country was just too much for him to keep his calm.

"Mr. Hwang, can we get to the point, please? As you can see, I am busy. I have work to do. You came here unannounced, and I gave you some of my time to listen to what you have to say, so please make it worthwhile instead of mentioning your company's name with every sentence you utter."

Mr. Hwang lost all the color on his face. His eyes widened nervously. He didn't expect Jeong Hyeok's outburst. Indeed, the guy in front of him looked intimidating, and now he was also irritated, so Hwang directly got to the point.

"As I mentioned before, we only choose the best of the best. And I believe your restaurant matches the criteria we have. We can offer you a spot to open your restaurant with a 50% discount on the first 5 years of the rent"

"And in return?" Jeong Hyeok knew it didn't come without a cost. They wanted him out in any way and as soon as possible.

"You empty the place in two weeks."

Jeong Hyeok glared at Hwang before he smirked and replied confidently, "In the contract that I signed, it says and I quote, In case the owning party decides to break the contract the tenant will have three months to evacuate the property. and that goes for my apartment also. This agreement applies to whomever the owner is. If you want, I can show you the contract that I signed. But I am sure, you have seen it already and that's why you are here today offering me this fancy deal."

"Mr. Hwang, I intend to take the full three months. And tell your partner, Mr. Choi, that I am not planning on taking anything from him. I am definitely not going to take anything he offers. I am not easily breakable."

.

.

.

In Seri's choice...

On her way to her office, Seri called Gwang Hyeok.

"Gwang Hyeok-ssi to my office now"

Gwang Hyeok and Min So looked at each other surprised.

"What happened?" Gwang Hyeok asked as Min So shrugged.

Then Gwang Hyeok fell silent remembering the morning incident. He gulped and rushed to his boss's office.

"Yes, Daepyonim. That's the report you asked me about" Gwang Hyeok nervously placed the file on Seri's desk.

"Close the door Gwang Hyeok-ssi. I want to have a word with you"

Gwang Hyeok was scared for his life. 

Did she want to kill him and bury the secret with him? His thoughts went wild. 

He walked as fast as his wobbly legs would let him close the door.

"Sit down please"

Gwang Hyeok did as he was told.

"Let's drop the formalities first. I am not talking to you as your boss."

A shocked Gwang Hyeok could only nod.

"I am so sorry for what happened earlier in the morning. I definitely didn't mean to send the photo. And it wasn't my intention to make you uncomfortable. I wanted to send the photo to Jeong Hyeok, but since we texted a few seconds before that, your chat came into my recent contacts next to his, and I, by mistake, clicked on your name instead of your brother's. I am really sorry for what I caused."