Love at first sight. 1

Steve's pov.
Letting out a breathy sigh as he pushed the large door to his new school open, anxiety coursing through his body as he looked around at so many unknown faces. It was his Junior year and he had just transferred from homeschooling and his nerves were on end.

To the front office first. He'd repeat in his mind for the the hundredth time since he'd woken up that morning. Swiftly walking to what he'd assumed was the front office, Steve would rush inside—only to bump into someone moments later. Falling to the ground, his left hand would rush to his nose which had unfortunately collided with the person's chest. Looking up from the ground, a ragged long haired guy was looming above Steve. Strangely enough, Steve would stare at the older boy for a moment. His curly dark locks of hair and soft facial features had the boy blushing within an instance.

Quickly he'd scamper to his feet, looking to the ground out of embarrassment. "Sorry! I was in a rush and wasn't looking around.." Steve exclaimed, his hands twirling together anxiously. He'd feel a hand plop down onto his shoulder, patting the soft fabric that would be so much better off. The man would speak "Don't stress it kid! Say, are you new? I don't think I've seen you before." He'd give Steve a sweet and genuine smile, almost making the boy fall over again from charm.
"Yeah actually.. It's my first day In a real school." Steve said, rubbing the back of his head. With no hesitation the older boy would wrap a friendly arm around Steve's shoulders. Pulling him along to the front desk. "Well then, I can show you your classes! I've been looking for a reason to get out of class." He'd chuckle, greeting the school attendant behind her desk. Only for her to give a deadpanned expression back towards his way "Eddie, I see you've met the new student." The lady let out an exhaspersated sigh, going through a few papers before her eyes landed on Steve.

"And what can I do for you today hunny?" She'd ask, his mind raced. Biting his bottom lip he'd mumble out something about his classes. He'd look up to Eddie, god it has only been 10 minutes and he was already looking for someone to save him.
"Ah, he needs his schedule!" The taller man exclaimed. Leaning up against the desk, Eddie would search through a cup of pens and pencils, taking out a random red mechanical pencil and playing with it.

The woman would then hand over a paper, all 7 classes listed with times. Eddie would waste no time grabbing up the schedule, looking across the paper. His eyes would light up "we've got 3 periods together!" The older individual would practically screech out.

Wincing at the other boy yelling he couldn't help but smile just a tad bit. Rubbing the back of his head awkwardly "That's good! I'm gonna be honest I'm so nervous—" he said, his hands twirling together in front of him.

Eddie gave the younger a sly grin before he latches a hold of Steve's hand in his. And suddenly he was being pulled around the giant school. As they walked along, Eddie would name classes. Though truthfully Steve had other things on his mind, it was almost impossible for him to take his eyes off of the other.
"Our first period is over here, I always sit in the back. You can sit with me but I'm usually asleep!" Eddie would chuckle out, a casual smile placed on his face as he spoke to Steve.

Walking in, Steve looked around the room. Already filled with students, chairs lined the walls, pooling into the middle of the room. And just at the front of the room sat a giant desk, presumably the teachers but, looking around there was no sight of any teacher.
Following Eddie to the back of the room, he'd walk with his head down. The room was loud, voices filling the small class. This was much worse than he'd imagined.

Taking a seat next to Eddie he'd lay his head down on the desk, trying to block out the noise.  Suddenly the room went quiet, his brows furrowed in confusion. Picking his head up he'd look around, everyone now sitting in the formal tight rows of desks. Quiet as could be, he'd see the reason the world around him stopped. The teacher has walked in—her face deranged and sagging. Steve would mentally recoil at the sight of the old woman.
Taking into consideration of how the class had calmed down, she seemed to be strict. He'd hair ties up in a tight bun and he dress suit fitted to her bony looking ribcage.
Eddie's hand would pat Steves shoulders, looking over to the older boy there was a silent understanding between the two of them, calming the youngers nerves with a smile.

Lunchtime.

The Cafeteria was even worse than the classroom, food flying in the air and shouting all around the echoing room. Table among tables filled with kids.
Steve took one look at the crowded lunchroom and decided it wasn't worth the partially cooked beans and turkey sandwich.
He'd make a U-turn, heading for well.. whatever calm area he could find.

Searching throughout the empty hallways he'd finally arrived at the restrooms in the far left wing of the drafty school.
Walking inside the stench of weed soaked the room, small giggles coming from within one of the slightly opened stalls.
"Hello..?" He'd ask, everything going quiet. The door swung open without any warning and there stood Eddie Munson. The ragged looking man, a joint in his hands.
"Fuckk.. it's just you man—you gave me a heart attack." He said with a chuckle, his eyes were tinted red and glossed over. His eyelids almost completely covering his vision, there was no doubt the older man was higher than a kite.

"Dude it smells like straight weed.. you really shouldn't be doing that here." Steve said, pinching his nose for exaggeration. Eddie shrugged at the others comment, taking long hit from the already lit drug.
"Mmhm.. don't be a Debby downer, you shouldn't knock it till you try it." He spoke as smoke poured out of his mouth.
Steve had never tried anything that serious.. he was a good boy—then again he had never truly been out in the world.
Eddie without hesitation would hold out the joint for the smaller individual, sending a wink Steve's way as he spoke. "Go ahead.. I won't tell." He joked.

Steve took a hit from the J, as soon as the smoke hit his lungs it was over. Recoiling as he began to cough. Spit would drip down his chin as he tried to regain the strength in his legs.

Looking back up from the floor.. everything was enhanced—he felt like he was floating on a cloud.. freaking out he looked to his hands, a strange sensation pooling through his mind. He was high.

//Ik it isn't long but the 2nd part will be