[Stay with me 1]

There was one thing that Steve wanted more than anything and he knew he couldn't have it. After meeting Eddie munson for the first time he knew how he felt. He'd seen him in hallways always stealing glances of the dark haired individual.  He did not see today coming at all, he knew that the kids he babysat hung out with Eddie but he didn't expect to be helping Eddie through a shit storm.  The whole town was after him now, convinced he was working with "the dark lord" but Steve knew better. He knew that after everything that happened in Hawkins that Eddie was innocent and it had been something supernatural and distorted. Eddie could not have done what they said he had.

"I'll stay here with Eddie guys." Steve said nonchalantly. Sitting inside of the boat Eddie was in. They had just brought back snacks and drinks for the poor dude and he still looked terrified. "Okay Steve but if you don't answer your walkie I'm coming for both your asses." Dustin said looking at the two boys. Steve made sure to turn the walkie on in front of Dustin before everyone left and it was just them.
"Yknow harrington I didn't take you for the protector type." Eddie breathed out looking away.

"It kind of just happens when you have to fight unholy creatures every other day" Steve said and looked at Eddie sternly. Eddie bit his lip and looked down at his hands, picking the skin from his wrist he sighed. "Don't do that" Steve says and Eddie looks up at him confused. "What?" Steve then grabs Eddie's hand that had been picking off the small pieces of flesh. Mouthing an oh he took his hand from Steve's. "You didn't have to stay harrington.." He says and sighs out "Call me Steve, and I wanted to stay." He says and grabs back Eddie's hand. Eddie's face flushes red for a second before realizing that this was Steve harrington. The asshole who never once payed a link of attention to him. "Why." He asks looking Steve in his eyes. "You need someone Eddie what you saw was outlandish and beyond horrid. I don't want you to stay alone, it worries me." Steve says truthfully and Eddie takes a moment to see if there's any hint of a lie. "But your Steve harrington. The guy who gives no fucks so why now do you care?" Eddie asks looking away for a moment. "I can't.. tell you that Eddie but just know I'm here if you want to talk about it." Biting his inner lip Eddie nods and looks away a bit disappointed.

Eddie's pov-

He can't tell me? What the hell is that supposed to mean, I'm not a 5 year old harrington- shit Steve. If he thinks he can pity me just because of chrissy he thinks wrong. "You don't have to say that shit because I saw someone die Steve don't take pity on me." I say rolling my eyes and he looks a bit hurt. "I wouldn't do that Eddie. I'm not as bad of a person as you think." He spits through his teeth then begins to get up. "I'll go if you want it so badly." He says and I grab ahold if his hand quickly. "Dont... please?" I say shamefully.

Of course I didn't want HIM there I just didn't want to be alone. He smirks and sits down once again closer this time and I feel a hint of safety having him with me.

Steve's pov-

His pleading eyes looked up at me as I was about to leave "Dont... please?" He says and I'm melting. His big bright eyes looking into mine I almost couldn't take it. God shut it Steve don't be naive, hes scared not into you. He just saw a girl get killed and you're over here eye  fucking him. "I'll stay for a kiss" I say jokingly and he looks at me biting his lip "really?" He says and I can't tell if he's joking or not. "Yes really." I say back and he looks like he's thinking about what to do "Hey don't worry abo-" I get out before I'm cut off by his lips on mine. Moving his lips with mine I can taste the lemon cherry chapstick he had on. I pull away and his cheeks are as red as a beet. "Was that uhm... good enough?" He says and my heart pounds out of my chest. Yes that was perfect I think but I can't say that. "I was joking you know that right" his eyes go wide before he looks away and flips me off "idiot, you should have told me that before I had put my lips on you." He says and my heart drops, okay yeah of course he didn't like it as much as me. I was the one saying I would leave if I didn't get a kiss. "Sorry" I mumble out and look away.

"WERE BACK DUNCES" I hear my best friend Robin yell as she comes through the door. "Ohh great just what I needed" I say sarcastically and get up to exit the boat but I'm stopped by Eddie holding onto my hand still. I look down at him and he looks at me with a worried look and I take my hand before getting out. "So we found a place you guys can camp out for the time being" Dustin says before showing me a map of where it's at. A lake house? Great more water. I think and look over at Eddie who's once again picking his wrist. I lean in and whisper "stop that" he looks at me confused and I just grab his hand shaking my head no. He seems to get it and nods back. His hands are soft and feel like he uses lotion every day. Smaller than mine by a smidge and I can feel his semi-sharp nails on the outside of my hand. "Alright so you guys need to get here before Tommy and his goons come. Lucas sold us out and they are on the way." Dustin says and hands us the map. "You two will make a b-line for these woods. I saw a motorbike outside so maybe you can use that." He talks fast and I can barely hear a word he says. "When you get here turn at this giant rock and go straight forward, you should make it to the house. Walkie me when and if you get there steve." He says and I take the map. Gesturing for Eddie to follow along behind me. "Now where is that motorbike?" I think out loud and Eddie already has it in his hands. "Do you know how to drive eds?" I say giving him a little nickname. And he nods yes. Hopping on behind him I grab ahold of his waist. God this perfect waist. His ass up against me and his body close. I could never get tired of this. He starts the bike up and begins to start our little journey.

Eddie's pov-

His hands on my waist gripping me tightly feels like heaven on my skin. I don't think I'd admit this to him but that joke kiss was the best I've ever had. I decide to scoot myself back a bit getting extremely close to Steve. I could feel his breath on my neck and it gave me chills.

We soon arrive at the lake house and Steve knocks the door open by kicking it. I wouldn't say it's the best way but it works. "Ooo let's go find our rooms" He says in a higher tone of voice and runs upstairs. While he does that I'm gonna make sure we have food. I leave into the kitchen and rummage through the fridge and cabinets. We had enough to last us maybe a month. "Uh Eddie?" I hear Steve call down "Yea harrin- Steve?" I say and he's silent for a second
"Can you come up here?" He says and I roll my eyes. What's so important I have to quite looking at food. I grumble to myself. I make my ways upstairs only to find one door open. Walking into it Steve's sitting on the bed looking at me. "There's only one bed."