Accidental Wolf Part 4

"What?"

I nodded but didn't look up. And I didn't stop even though everyone who wasn't in Madix's study could probably here me.

"Before my daddy died, he was a drunk. It's what killed him in the end... but when he drank- sometimes he would think I was my mom even though I was just a little girl." There were things I couldn't say but from the look on Beth's face I didn't have to... she understood.

"But after he died... well mom got lonely. She went through a lot of boy friends at first. Some good and some bad. But, when I was eighteen, she had a bad one.

I didn't know it at first but eventually I realised that he was doing things to mom. Things Dad used to do to me.

I got so mad.

One day, when mom left on a business trip, I convinced David to go to the beach with me. We were barely alone up on the cliff for two seconds when he tried to get with me too.

It wasn't an accident." I said looking Beth right in the eye and knowing full well that the others were now standing behind me. "I knew what I was doing. Planed on if long before I had David drive us out there... I pushed him off the cliff."

"Kara, honey..."

"He fell fifty feet to the rocks below. And he didn't die right away. And I was happy about that too. I left him there for an hour be fore I started rolling big rocks off the edge. Four hit him before he stopped crying. Stopped begging."

Tears were bleeding down my face as I confessed my greatest sin to these people. To the people who had so quickly become my family. But they had to know. They had to know the monster under their roof. A monster worse than any werewolf. A monster who killed a man- even one who may or may not have deserved it- and liked it just as much as she was revolted by it.

Two strong arms appeared either side of me, boxing me in against the kitchen island, and a warm solid chest pressed against my back. I hiccoughed as Max kissed the back of my head.

A brush against my leg singled Seth sitting next to me. He leaned down on the island and looked up at my face. "That won't scare us away Kara. You belong to us now." He said with a watery smile. "We are a family full of monsters."

I did cry then. Luke a baby. Seth tried to hug me and then Carver tried to par my back. Max snarled at them both and spun me around before scooping me up, so my arms were around his shoulders and my legs hooked on his hips.

He marched me out of the kitchen like that, past a teary-eyed Beth and a sternly approving Madix, and up the stairs. Max carried me to my room.

He didn't put me on my bed, rather he laid down in it with me, stoking my back as if I were a sick child.

It wasn't till my sons tapered off and I was reduced to some rather unflattering snuffling that he began to speak. It was so quiet that no o e other than me could hear him unless they had their werewolf ears pressed to the door.

"When I was eight my father became alpha of the Aspenwoods pack." He said, his hands still rubbing my back and my face still against his bare chest. "Carver was twelve and Seth was just three. By then he was old enough that we knew he wasn't an ordinary wolf. He was omega.

Word spread and other alphas wanted to see him. Maybe see about setting up playdate with their young daughters. That sort of thing." He said softly.

"Some uncles came that summer. They weren't anything special. Mid ranked wolves just coming to visit dad. He and his family never got on great, but family is family, right?"