Chapter 2: Pick up the Piece or Leave it..?

...

"It's hard to see who you really are from your own perspective..." - Jotaro Kujo

...

-(Y/N)'s P.O.V-

A while ago, I had a nickname that was given by Luka, Rin, Len, Gumi, and everyone when Miku's heart is broken.

They call me...The "PieceKeeper".

That's right, my job as a PieceKeeper is to pick up Miku's broken heart pieces and fix them until it was brand new.

Right now, I was in my house with Miku in the living room. We sat on the couch as we were watching her favorite movie to cheer her up.

While watching Miku's favorite movie, I can hear her sniffles and her eyes were red.

Miku: Thanks for...helping me...

(Y/N): It ain't a problem.

Miku then rests her head on my right shoulder and smiled peacefully as I smiled back upon seeing her, but my smile would quickly fade away.

The nickname "PieceKeeper" that everyone called me is...really boring. It's just like the same routine as always. Miku gets another relationship, but later on, gets broken up by the person she had a relationship with. I came by and pick the broken pieces up to restore her normal self. Then repeat.

It felt like a cycle between me and the heartbroken Miku. It feels...annoying...that I'm being used as some sort of a comforting tool or whatever...

Miku: You're the best friend that anyone could have. What would I do without you?

I pretended to be deaf after hearing that.

(Y/N): Huh? Sorry, I didn't hear what you said. What was that?

Miku: N-No, it's nothing...

(Y/N): Hm...okay.

Both Miku and I kept watching the movie as I grabbed the blanket to cover ourselves.

-Time Skip-

After watching two movies, I looked up at the time and it was now 10:00 PM.

I then looked over to Miku who is still sleeping on my right shoulder. I let out a quiet sigh and turned off the TV. I then carefully get off the couch while lowering Miku's head so she can sleep peacefully on the couch.

Once that was done, I left the movie room and headed upstairs to my bedroom. I lay down on my bed as I drifted off to sleep and wait for the next day.

-No One's P.O.V-

Back outside, we see two people coming toward the (L/N) residence.

One was a tall woman with pink hair is named Luka Megurine.

and the other is a short girl with yellow hair is named Rin Kagamine

...and the other is a short girl with yellow hair is named Rin Kagamine.

Both Luka and Rin knocked on the door and waited for about 3 seconds until they see the door open, revealing to be (Y/N)'s grandfather, Jackson "Paps" (L/N), and (Y/N)'s mom, (M/N) (L/N), who answered it

(M/N): Are you here to pick Miku up?

Luka: *Nods* Yes, where is she?

(M/N): She's in the living room.

Rin: She's by herself? What happened to (Y/N)?

Paps: Ah, he's currently asleep in his bedroom.

This surprises both Rin and Luka. Both girls knew that (Y/N) loved Miku since they were kids, so it was unusual for (Y/N) to leave Miku in the living room.

(M/N): You two can come in and pick Miku up.

Luka: Thank you very much, Miss (L/N).

(M/N) nodded in acknowledgment as Rin and Luka entered the (L/N) house. There, they find Miku sleeping peacefully on the couch with an (F/C) blanket covering her.

Rin: You know, it's kinda strange for (Y/N) to just leave her here on the couch.

Luka: Maybe his love decided to leave her be?

Rin: *Shrugs her shoulders* I don't know myself. Anyway, let's wake Miku up and take her back home.

Luka: *Nods* Yeah.

...

(A/N: That's that! Stay tuned for more!)