Chapter 2: Allergic To Flowers And Love

Start from the beginning

"You're not going to fire her, are you?"

~~~

"Do you think he's going to fire me?"

Hayan wondered out loud as she stood leaning against the brown marble counter of the familiar flower shop. The vintage-looking shop was filled with the scent of different flowers and the colorfulness of the flowers was a pleasing sight to Hayan's eyes, unlike her sensitive nose that was allergic to pollens. She covered her nose with the tissue paper in her hand as she sneezed for the fifth time ever since she'd arrived.

"I hope not, I don't want my best friend to become unemployed right before my wedding, how will you buy me wedding gifts then?" Hayan's best friend since elementary school, Lee Sara, who stood in front of her on the other side of the counter, responded as she put the pink tulips in a cedar-colored vase.

Lee Sara was a half-Korean, half-Japanese girl who had dyed red hair and features fairly fluctuating between Korean and Japanese. She was a high school graduate who owned the flower shop they were currently present in. Halfway through the first semester in college, Sara decided studying wasn't her thing and dropped out while Hayan had finished her education. Despite them going on separate paths in life, their friendship had never wavered even once and they were just as close as actual siblings.

"You only care about the gifts, don't you?" Hayan snickered before she sneezed again, earning a concerned glance from Sara. The irritation in her nose was starting to give her the flu but the stubborn girl remained stood, pretending like she didn't notice she was having an allergic reaction to the flowers.

"Not at all, I care about you so much more that's why I've been telling you to leave, you're allergic to flowers, dammit!" Sara scowled at Hayan who shrugged her off.

"My allergy isn't that bad so I'll be fine."

"Hayan, don't be so careless. Allergies are allergies, you need to avoid whatever you're allergic to. We can talk after I close the shop, hmm?" Sara scolded her friend like a mother, softening her tone at the last sentence.

"Ha! I was so enthusiastic at hearing the news of your marriage that I came running here to congratulate you. I even risked my job for it, but here you are, telling me to get lost." Hayan sighed, sulking like a child as she turned away from Sara.

The text that Hayan had received at work that made her run off from her workplace and come to Sara's shop was sent by Sara, informing Hayan that she was getting married soon. Hayan had waited for this for quite a few years so she was super eager to congratulate her friend. Sara and her boyfriend, Kim Hajun, had been together for 6 years and were absolutely in love with each other. Personally, Hayan thought Hajun should have proposed way earlier but, she thought, it was better late than never.

"Don't be so dramatic, I'm not telling you to get lost, I'm merely telling you to step out of the shop so your nose won't swell up like an ugly air balloon," Sara interposed, shaking her head at the childish adult in front of her. "and you didn't risk no job for me, you came running because you just wanted to test the limits of Taehyung's patience." She added, continuing to organize the flowers on the counter and make a bouquet out of them.

"Hey, I-" Hayan sharply turned around to say something but her words got cut off by the shrill ringing of her phone. She promptly fished out her phone from her purse and let out a long groan as she saw the caller ID.

"Speak of the devil!"

"By the devil, I'm assuming it's Taehyung?" Sara wondered without looking up. Hayan raised her phone to her face level so she could see the screen. On the glowing screen of her phone was the contact saved as 'the devil' meaning it was Taehyung's number.