☾ Everything Will Be Alright ☾

Start from the beginning

"Oh angel, it's gonna be okay, baby. Whatever it is, we'll get through it together, I promise. I love you so much." I whisper, my eyes filling with tears as well. Seeing him in this state and not being able to help is breaking me.

I wrap my arms around him even tighter and hold him as close as I possibly can, making Andy cling to me even tighter as well. By now the screams have stopped and have been replaced with sharp gasps and hiccups as he tries to catch his breath through his cries.

"I've got you, sweetheart. You're safe, I promise. You’re not on your own, love. I'm right here. I love you." I whisper as I kiss his forehead again, switching between rubbing his back and playing with his hair, making sure to keep one arm around his back and one on his head, not letting him go at all.

Andy pulls away slightly and pulls the weighted jacket tighter around himself, zipping it up in the front before clinging to me again. I left it unzipped when I put it on him so he could easily get it off if he didn't like how it felt, but he seems to like it. He cries in my arms like for what feels like hours, but eventually tires himself out and his cries get quieter and softer, though he's still shaking pretty bad and breathing heavily, but it's probably because he’s been crying so hard that he couldn't breathe at all for the last few hours.

Andy looks up at me, his eyes red from crying so much and tears still falling like rain, looking at me with the saddest and most anxious expression I've ever seen.

"I love you so much, sweetheart. I'm sorry you're feeling like this, honey. I wish I could take all your pain away and give it to myself so you wouldn't have to feel it. You don't deserve this at all." I say softly, wiping tears from his eyes as I continue to hold him in my lap.

"You- you do help. You're the- you're the only one who- who makes it b-better." Andy whispers, his voice broken and raw from screaming and from crying so hard for as long as he did.

"What happened, sweetheart? What made you so upset?" I ask carefully, not wanting to upset him, but still wanting to know what could've made him this upset.

"I was- I was at the studio. We- we were trying to r-record, b-but I kept- I kept fucking up, and now- and now they're all mad at me- and- and they hate me- and I hate me too- and I can't do anything right. I just wanna-" he cuts himself off by breaking down into sobs, pushing his face into my neck and holding onto me as if I'd evaporate into nothing if he let go.

"Oh baby, it's okay. Shh...it's okay. I'm sure they don't hate you, love. Everyone has off days sometimes. It's okay." I say as I hold him tighter, stroking his hair softly. Andy cries harder.

"N-no. They hate me. They're gonna leave me. I- I fuck everything up. I fuck everything up always and- and they hate me. And you- you probably do to."  Andy cries, pulling away from me and trying to move away from me. I hold him even tighter, pulling him as close to me as I can.

"Shh, baby, I promise I could never ever hate you. Never. I love you more than anything else in this world, sweetheart. I promise. And the others don't hate you either. I promise baby. And you don't mess everything up, baby. Everyone had bad days, love. Look how far you guys have come since you started. That's because of you. You got as far as you did because you didn't give up and you kept pushing for it to work. You did this, Andy. You're absolutely incredible, and I could not be more proud of you, baby. I promise, no one is gonna hate you for having a bad day. It happens to everyone. You'll get through this, sweetheart. I promise." I say, holding Andy as tight as I can, rubbing his back as he cries into me.

"R-really? You mean that?" Andy asks weakly, his voice barely there at all. I hold him even tighter and kiss his head.

"Of course, angel. You really are amazing. I promise, baby. Everything's gonna be okay, love. I love you so much." I say, stroking his hair as he slowly starts to calm down.

"I-I love you too. S-sorry I'm- I'm such a m-mess." Andy whispers, clinging to me tightly and pressing his face deeper into my neck.

"Shh...it's alright, love, you don't need to apologize for anything, okay? You're not a mess, baby. You're just upset, and that's okay. We'll get through it together, I promise." I say as I kiss his head again, feeling him start to relax in my arms.

"I love you. Thank you." Andy whispers, barely awake.

"Shh, you don't have to thank me, love. It's my job to be here for you. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you so much. Get some sleep, okay baby? Maybe you'll feel a little better after a nap." I say as I lay down on the couch, Andy laying on top of me with his head in my chest and his arms wrapped tightly around me. I hold him close and play with his hair until he eventually falls asleep on me, his body finally relaxing.

"I love you, baby. I'll always protect you. I promise." I whisper as I kiss his head before falling asleep with him.