13 - Your delivery has arrived

Start from the beginning

I just look away. I know that nobody could have done anything to stop them, but it still hurts that most people just stood by while they took us away.

'Good', Negan says in a low voice. 'Now, I'm gonna need a moment alone with our new friend.'

Simon nods at him and leaves the room. I look back to see him go and contemplate running after him just to get out of this room. But the door closes definitively after him, so I turn to Negan who observes me coolly. He seems quite relaxed, one hand in his pocket, the other carrying a drink.

'What have you done to Ella?' I ask him, trying, and failing, not to let him hear the panic in my voice.

'Done to her?' he asks, frowning a little, like he's offended by the question. 'I've done nothing to her. She, on the other hand, bit one of my Saviours, from what I've heard.'

She bit someone? Well, that does sound like Ella. You can't expect her to come quietly when you drag her out of her house against her will.

'You have to let me see her', I tell him in a shaky voice.

'I don't have to do anything', he says, taking a couple steps in my direction. I immediately back away to keep him at a distance. Fortunately, the room offers more space than my kitchen, where he trapped me before.

'But you'll see her soon', he says with a grin. 'If you do what I want you to do.'

His eyes trail down my body. I can't be much to look at, I'm still wearing the same simple white t- shirt and grey jeans I was wearing yesterday, because I fell asleep in them. They didn't exactly give us time to get dressed. I'm not even wearing any shoes. But still, his eyes glint hungrily as he takes me in and fear clutches at me. What can I do if he makes me sleep with him in order to see Ella again?

'I...' I stumble, 'I told you I don't want to be your wife. You can't make me, that's...'

'That's what?' he asks, raising an eyebrow when I don't finish the sentence.

'It's wrong', I say anxiously, worried he'll take offense. But it's the truth, isn't it? If he wants to force me to do anything against my will, I want him to know exactly what he's doing.

'You know, you make it sound like sleeping with me is the single worst thing that could possibly happen to you in this world.'

'It is', I say, unable to keep myself from telling him the truth. 'I don't want to sleep with you.'

'Oh, I heard you the first time.' He takes a few more steps in my direction, but I hurry away from him to put the couch between us so he can't get to me that easily. At least it makes him stop moving, but he only chuckles at my efforts to stay away from him. Then he puts a hand dramatically over his chest.

'I do have feelings, you know. If I wasn't so damn sure of myself, I might have just gotten insecure with you turning me down every chance you get.'

He laughs at his own joke and shakes his head before he takes a sip of his drink. I watch him nervously, crossing my arms to stop myself from shaking.

'I didn't bring you here to force you to be my wife. I'd never fuck a woman that doesn't want me to fuck her.'

His face turns a little more serious and he points at his door, to make some sort of point.

'Any man in there puts his hands on a woman without her permission? They're gonna have one woman, and one woman only, all over them after that. Lucille is gonna show them what it's like to be touched against their will.'

Lucille? Right, the fucking bat. But if he doesn't want to make me his wife, then why did he take me here?

'Is this about Ella then?' I ask him cautiously. 'I know what she did was unforgivable, but I promise you she's done nothing wrong since then and she won't ever again.'