Chapter 13 - Misunderstanding

Kasey's POV
I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache. I'm hung over from the night before. Even though I had been a bit drunk last night, I had still booked a plane ticket to D. C..

I got home super early in the morning and fell onto my bed still wearing my clothes.

It's ten o'clock now and my phone is ringing. I answer it to find that it's Sarah.

"Hey, Kasey, how was the wedding? Was everyone envious of the dress?" Sarah asks. I sigh.

"I don't really wanna talk about the wedding, Sarah." I mutter with a yawn.

"Why? What happened?" Sarah asks.

"I broke up with Tom. I overheard a conversation he was having with Taylor and he said that loved her. He had more to say but I left before I could hear anymore," I explain.

"But, Kasey, you didn't hear the whole conversation. What if he was saying that he used to love her, but now he doesn't. I think you should go talk to him about it," Sarah says. I frown.

Although I had never thought of it before, Sarah may be right. I never heard the whole conversation and I never let Tom explain himself. I feel guilty.

"You're right, Sarah. You think I should go to the Capital One Arena and go talk to him?"

"Yes. Hang up right now and drive over there," Sarah replies. I nod.

"Okay. Bye Sarah,"

"Bye, Kasey."

Tom's POV
"She thought that you said that you still loved Taylor?" Oshie asks. I nod.

"Yeah. She didn't hear the whole conversation and now she hates me," I reply as I wrap my hockey stick in tape.

"Look man, I don't think that you should just leave her alone. I think you should go talk her and make things right," Nicki says as he sits down next to me. I frown.

"Why are you listening to my conversation with Oshie?"

"Because it's about you and Kasey. I want to fix this as much as you do, Willy." Nicki replies. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. I just don't how to fix this," I state.

"You can fix it right now,"

I look up and Kasey's standing there, a smile on her face. I stand up and walk over to her, surprised to see her.

I thought she hated me, but she's standing right here in front of me.

Kasey's POV
"Kasey, what are you doing here?" Tom asks. I shrug.

"I work here. And, I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I never heard your whole conversation and it was wrong of me to accuse you of such things," I explain. Tom smiles.

"It's okay," He mutters.

I feel so much shorter right now thanks to Tom wearing his ice skates. I already need to look up at him, but, right now, I might start getting pain in my neck from tilting it back so far.

"When I was first plotting my revenge against Taylor, I still loved her. But, you changed my mind. I don't love Taylor. I love you, Kasey Norton. And I always will. Now, this is probably the third time I've asked you this, but, will you be my girlfriend?" I ask. Kasey laughs and nods.

"Yes, Tom, I'll be your girlfriend." I say.

Tom wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. I laugh with excitement and place my hands on his cheeks. I cup his face in my hands and kiss him on the lips in front of the entire Caps hockey team.

All the players cheer for us. Tom sets me down and his lips pull away from mine. His blue eyes look deep into my green ones.

"I love you, Kasey Norton."

"And I love you, Tom Wilson."