Chapter 5 - Are You Really Dating Tom Wilson?!

Kasey's POV
Tom and I resume his PT soon after we post the picture. While Tom is doing his leg exercises, the coach comes in the room. I can't tell if he's either surprised or mad or what. All I know is that he doesn't look happy.

"Hey, coach, what's—"

Before Tom can finish his sentence, his coach stops him.

"Stop, Wilson. I want to know why a picture of you and Kasey is on my Twitter feed," he says. Wilson frowns.

"Well, coach, she's my girlfriend. That's what it says in the caption," Tom replies, pointing to the caption below the photo. His coach shakes his head.

"When did you two start dating?"

"Last night," Tom says casually.

"Whatever. Just don't let this relationship affect your performance, Wilson." The coach says. Then he looks over at me. "And Kasey, don't let it affect your work, got it?"

"Got it, sir." I say with a nod. The coach nods.

"That's good to hear. Now heal up, Wilson. I need you to be better by the Rangers game," he says before he walks out of the room.

"He took that remarkably well, I think." I mutter. Tom nods.

"Yeah. I was expecting a lot more shouting," he says.

While I'm helping Tom with a couple more of his leg exercises, I notice the guys going out to the ice. Tom watches them longingly, as though wishing that he could be out there with them.

"Kasey, am I able to skate with my knee?" He asks. I bite my lip in hesitation, muling over the options in my head.

"It should be all right. You may not be able to skate for too long though. I don't want you to put too much weight on your knee for too long," I explain. Tom smiles as he stands up and walks over to his hockey bag, leaning his weight on his left leg as to not agitate his right knee.

He opens his bag and pulls out his skates. I grab my own skates and put them on. I'm the athletic trainer so I might as well go skating with him.

I finish lacing up my skates before Tom does and I hold my hand out to help him up from the floor when he's done.

When he takes my hand, I feel butterflies in my stomach for a just a few seconds. I'm still holding his hand after I help him up and I stare into his blue eyes for a few seconds before we finally let go of each other's hands.

"Ready to go?" I ask as I feel my cheeks burning red from embarrassment. Tom nods.

"Yeah. Let's go,"

Tom doesn't skate as well as usual which is expected considering his injured knee. It doesn't take long for me to notice that Tom's face is contorted in a look of discomfort. I skate over to him and grab onto his arm.

"Tom, maybe you should sit down and watch the rest of practice." I suggest. Tom shakes his head.

"No. I can do this,"

Tom, I'm your athletic trainer and I know what is best for you. If you want your knee to feel better for the Ranger's game, you're gonna need to rest it." I explain. Tom looks at me and sighs.

"Alright, fine, I'll sit down." He mutters.

We skate over to the penalty box and Tom sits on the bench next to me. He props his right leg up on the bench, wincing as he does so.

"Well, at least you're sitting in the box that you belong in." I say, referring to the penalty box. Tom chuckles.

"Yeah. I've probably been in this box more than anyone else on the team,"