Why is he making dinner sound so formal?

"Is dinner special in your house or something?"
The corners of his lips raise, "sí, my men in command join me for dinner every night." My cheeks redden, I imagine tall Italian men with smoky gazes and gelled-back hair. Not my cup of tea.

I can barely stand being alone with Oliver, how can I eat in a room full of men just like him?

He must notice my slight panic because his hands find my chin raising it slightly. "Tinsley we will sit, eat, then leave. You don't have to speak to not one goddamn person if you Don't wish to. Nobody will fuck with you, sí?"

As he stands to his full height, me along with him I pat my cheeks because of how warm they've become, "I'm not good with rooms full of people Oliver, I freeze up then suddenly Im sweating bullets, and barely breathing."

Amusement swims in those verdant green eyes of his. "15 men max Tinsley"

15 men max My ass.

A lengthy glass table spots at least twenty chairs, ten on each side, not counting the two at the head of the table.

My hands scrunch against my skirt as I take in men entering from every direction. Every single one of them in matte black suits and simple dress shoes.

I did not sign up for this. That much is clear, when Oliver's hands press onto my lower back to push me forward and I tense in annoyance.

If he notices he doesn't comment, instead he addresses the room full of testoron and cigar-scented men. I almost, almost jump at his voice that could not be any more different than how he speaks to me. Not an ounce of softness.

"Atención (Attention) this is Tinsley, she will be joining us for dinner tonight. Watch yourselves and we won't have a problem."

Gazes slide my way for not even a second before dropping to the floor. "Sentarse (sit)"

Then every damn man drops to his ass and begins conversing with one another. I'm surprised my legs Don't give out as Oliver leads me to the end of the table.

Dinner being served passes in a blur, I only take two bites of my chicken which is a shame because it's undoubtedly the best chicken I've ever had.

Nobody speaks to me which is a plus, besides Oliver who occasionally leans down next to my ear to ask me if I'm okay. Which of course is no but I put on a fake smile and nod anyways.

At the end of dinner, my stomach is barely sated and my head hurts. All I want to do is curl up into a ball and sleep. The second the last man leaves the dining room I can't help my head falling onto the table with a simple "thud."

My anxiety cannot handle this.

"Tinsley, you did good"

Lie.

"I take it you want to go to sleep now yes?"

I can't even lift my head but instead nod against the table with a small, "mmh." His chuckle of amusement has my arms covered in goosebumps. It's so deep, I love it.

"George is waiting outside to take you home. "

I finally lift my head and glance at him peering down at me. "I'd like for you to eat dinner with me more often." As if it's a habit he brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

I swallow, "I'm being so completely serious when I say my body cannot handle that." Another rumble of laughter from his chest.

"You'll get used to them Cariño, I promise."

Unlikely, but I'll let him dream a bit.

We speak no more as he gathers my school bag from a different room while I wait at the entrance.

Oliver hands me my bag as he nears me, "Call me as soon as you make it home."I hook one strap around my arm, then turn to leave, "I can just text you."

A stern pull on my body, fingers digging into my skin as they slip inside my skirt to latch onto it. I'm pulled back and spun around.

His finger slips from my skirt and grips my chin in place, "you'll call me, Tinsley."

The green that lay in his eyes hardened, He's not asking. "Okay fine" Seemingly pleased with this answer I'm released from his hold with a soft squeeze on my chin in warning.

Message received, call him when I get home.

Hi :)

Hi :)

Okay I know I say this every time I update but I swear I'm back fr fr. 😼