˗ˏˋ005 'ˎ˗

❦

~𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐒~

The clattering of pots and pans awoke me.
My face was blinded by the messy hair that fell out of my ponytail. Sunshine bled through my curtains and added a warm touch to my room.

Groaning I flip over my phone to check the time and then groan even louder when I read "8:30."

Gradually, I sit up and prepare to head downstairs. Slipping on my slippers. The further I get downstairs two voices became more prominent.

Leah was the first person who caught my attention. She was swiping through her phone and eating waffles.

Next was my mom, but instead of just seeing her my eyes landed on a very chipper Grant.

My eyes have to be deceiving me.

He's laughing softly along with my mom who's mixing pancake batter.

Dads reading the newspaper as if this was all ever so normal.

Grant finally takes notice of me and his smile gets even wider, "Ah good morning Tinsley, nice to see you again."

Okay, this is weird "Morning."

I'm hoping that my eyebrows rising so high up onto my forehead indicates my question, which is, "what are you doing in my house at 8 in the morning."

Thankfully he takes notice of my weirded-out expression and steps away from my mom who has now taken a phone call while still mixing the batter.

Grant dusts off his dress pants and steps closer to me, "I have been told to come pick you up, then drop you off at Oliver's office where he will then take you out for breakfast."

What the shit.

Breakfast? Why does he think he can send his right hand to pick me up without even asking me first.

"May I add that his tone was one of warning, not kindness. So please agree and come along." Grant pleads out with soft eyes.

Leah scoffs from her seat.

Her obvious hatred for him presents itself very clearly. We all ignore it but Grant looks at her curiously.

Feeling myself give in I simply nod then excuse myself to go change.

I tell myself this is for Grant's sake.

After completing my everyday routine I began to descend back downstairs.