˗ˏˋ008 'ˎ˗

Magsimula sa umpisa

But, in the very core of the room, is an area made for lounging. My feet push me closer, as I near the center, my eyes snag onto all the various seats.

Couches, bean bags, and chairs are all scattered around one area.

I'm in love.

"So, I take it you like."

It wasn't a question more of a statement. Oliver steps beside me, "love it" I correct solemnly.

I feel as if I'm gonna be here for a while so I text my parents that I'm eating dinner with a friend.

I notice my friends blowing up my phone.

"You can stay down here for as long as you like, dinner will be served shortly

"You can stay down here for as long as you like, dinner will be served shortly."

I honestly Don't know if he's still talking, my hands are too busy filtering off the book spines that seat the bookshelf.

Most of them are philosophy books, fiction, business, blah blah blah. I manage to find a couple that interests me. In the crook of my arm, two books rest while I look around for a place to sit.

My skin prickles with awareness. I can feel Oliver observing my every move.

The beige sofa I sit on feels nice on my butt and I practically melt into the cushions. I pat the seat next to me, hoping he'll take the hint. My lips press together while I eye him.

Glancing at the spot I chose for him, he peeks at his watch and then makes up his mind. Our legs slightly press together as his arm comes around behind me, resting on the couch.

My hair shields me from seeing beside me but I can make out Oliver's legs spread wide.

Manspreading.

Right on top of his thighs lay his arms. Tattooed to the brim, veins very prominent on his tan skin. Something must be wrong with me, I can't tear my eyes away from his arms.

My legs press together on their own accord.

I don't know how long we sit there but it's long enough that the light from outside the window above us dims to nothing.

Noises grumble from my stomach, the quiet does nothing to stop the echo that seems to follow. His hand prys the book from my hand. "Dinner is ready, come."

I stare at him slightly bothered, "I'm almost done, let me finish." He flexes his hand, "You're hungry, you can finish it when dinner is over."