32

SEONGHWA'S POINT OF VIEW

It takes all of us to hold Yuta back from getting out the car.

Yeosang: Calm down!
Me: Let's think about this!
Yuta: I already thought about it. I'm going to kill him.

We groan, he continues to ignore us as he prys open the car door.

Xiaojun: I know more than anyone how it feels to see someone you love get hurt.

Yuta pauses.

Xiaojun: We're not dumb we all know you loved Raven. That's neither here or there now since you both moved on but the feeling of wanting to protect that person will always be there. That's why San has us doing this in the first place. Killing him wont fix anything.

Yeosang pauses.

Yeosang: True but didn't you kill that guy in your basement after torturing him for hours when he was stalking Santana.
Xiaojun: That's completely different!

That was a good book too, Wattpad must really hate Rocky because they deleted that shit. Anyways...

Xiaojun: What I'm saying is that dude is going to get his don't worry about it. Right now is all about figuring out how to tell Raven.

Yuta sighs.

Yuta: How are we going to tell her?
Me: I don't think we should be the ones to tell her.
Xiaojun: Then who?

__

RAVEN'S POINT OF VIEW

After receiving a phone call San's entire aura changed, he was pissed. I've never seen him that upset before. He tried to hide it by faking his smile but I called him out on it anyways. He said something happened at work that was out of he and Seonghwa's hands.

He's lying but I didn't push him.

His broccoli concoction really did make me feel better. He left a little while ago promising to check up on me later. I decide to do a little reading now that I could actually sit up without wanting to die.

A knock at the door pulls me away.

Santana, Char, Cina, and Giselle standa there with their pajamas on holding various throw blankets, boxes of popcorn, snacks and DVDS.

Me: Um?

Giselle moves me aside and they all pile into my apartment. I scratch my head very confused. Before I walk away there's another knock at the door.

Seonghwa, Yeosang, Hongjoong, and Xiaojun wave around coloring books and crayons while dressed in pajamas too. I step aside as they walk in.

I've known these people for years and they still surprise me everyday.

Me: Hey guys, uh what're you all doing here?
Cina: Movie night.
Char: Slumber party!

Huh?

Santana: The monsters wanted to come but I told them sevens a crowd.
Hongjoong: Where's your DVD player?
Me: DVD player?
Char: You bought a vintage one last month right?
Me: Oh yeah, in the hallway closet.

Cina and Giselle goes into the kitchen to start making the popcorn and organizing the snacks.

Me: Is everything okay?
Giselle: Do you want salted or unsalted popcorn? I know you've been watching your salt intake because of the baby.
Me: Unsalted is fine.

Xiaojun grabs frozen fruit and yogurt from a bag to begin making smoothies.

Me: Did I miss something?
Xiaojun: Strawberry banana shakes okay with you?
Me: S-sure.

They're avoiding my question.

Me: Where's San and Yuta?

They all freeze.

Seonghwa: They said they'll catch-up with you tomorrow.

Before I can question anything else Char grabs my hand gently leading me to my bedroom. She shuts the door behind us and sighs.

She looks at me with pain and sympathy in her eyes.

Me: You're scaring me. I've never seen you look like that.
Char: Because I don't like telling sad news to people I love.

We sit on the edge of the bed, she's still holding my hand.

Char: We've been friends for a while. I've seen your struggles with feeling like you fit in and wondering what your place is in the world. I was so proud of you when you started accepting the fact you're much more than just your looks, much more than skin deep

She smiles.

Char: You're a wonderful friend, talented, empathetic, strong, courageous, bold. You're Raven and all those things make you Raven. No one can ever take that from you, you hear me?

I nod slowly.

Char: No man can make or break you understand that.
Me: Char what're you..-
Char: Jongin.

Her eyes narrow at me.

Char: He's not what you think. Ever since we met him he's left a bad taste in our mouths. His presence was unsettling.

My eyes widen.

Me: Unsettling?
Char: At the time it didn't matter what we thought because you were so happy, glowing and a gorgeous smile on your face. Then you announced you were pregnant. San asked the guys to follow Jongin today.

What?

Char: He didn't stay at work all-day Raven. In fact he isn't at work right now.

She pulls out her phone.

Char: Xiaojun still have connections here and there from the mafia. They did some digging and well..-

She hands me her phone and I begin to scroll through endless pictures and documents.

He's married and already has a kid.

They've been married for a while.

My throat tightens.

My heart is heavy.

My stomach turns into a knot.

The tears begin to spill.

Pictures, more and more pictures.

Vacations, family reunions, road-trips.

It's sickening.

She pulls the phone out of my hand.

Char: I'm so sorry Raven.

She holds me as I begin to cry my heart out.

____