31

For the last four days I've been miserable.

Throwing up nonstop, dizzy and exhausted. My couch and side garbage have been my best friends for the past few hours. I try to drink some water but that comes up too. Jongin hasn't been answering my texts, I assume it's because he's at work.

Someone knocks at the door making me groan. I conquer all the nonexistent energy I have to get up, I slowly walk over to the door. Imagine my surprise when it's San on the other side.

Me: San? What're you doing here?
San: Giselle had to work but she said you were really sick so.

He holds up a bag full of supplies.

I lean against the wall thanking him briefly. The room begins to spin and before I can hit the floor he catches me.

San: Woah, I got you.

He helps me back to the couch and places the back of his hand against my forehead.

San: You're burning up.

He grabs the water bottle from the supply bag and fills it with cold water placing it gently on my head.

San: Have you ate today?
Me: No, I can't keep anything down.
San: I might have something that will work. Do you have broccoli and lemon?

I nod weakly.

He disappears into the kitchen for a while. I grab my phone to see a text from Jongin.

Jongin😍: Sorry baby, I have back to back sessions so I won't be off until tonight. How r you feeling tho?

I toss my phone on the table in frustration. This is the second time in a row he just so happened to overbook himself.

San brings me some lemon-ginger tea and I thank him.

San: You know Santana is pregnant too now.

I remember a bunch of screaming voice messages from the group-chat, I was so thrilled for her!

San: So I made a concoction of broccoli with lemon and pepper sauce. It sounds basic but she said it helped her nausea, Cina too!
Me: We're all like the pregnancy pack.
San: At least our kids can grow up together.

I smile.

San: Where's Jongin?
Me: He said he wouldn't be off until late tonight. Double sessions at the gym.

San doesn't say anything but I've known him a while, so I know what that look means. He wants to say something but doesn't.

Instead he just smiles brushing my hair out my face.

San: Rest up and I'll wake you when the food is ready okay?

Call me crazy but ever since he walked in my pain has calmed down all together. The aura of my house is warm and safe.

_____

SEONGHWA'S POINT OF VIEW

I press the binoculars against my face peeking into the gym. Xiaojun's tints are so damn dark you can barely see from the inside.

Me: This isn't working!
Yeosang: Should one of us go in there?
Yuta: If I go in there I'm liable to whoop his ass.

San believes Raven's new boyfriend is up to no good. And as much as I try not to I agree with him. That man's presence had something off about it since the day I met him.

Xiaojun: Beating his ass doesn't sound too bad right now. I need to blow off some steam.
Me: Are y'all forgetting our wives are pregnant right now? If we all go to jail they may burn this city down.

The man in question walks out the gym going towards his car. He hops on and takes off, Xiaojun is quick to follow behind him.

Yuta: What kind of jerk-off doesn't wait til' the car warms up to pull off!

We stay two cars behind but still manage to keep on his trail.

Yeosang: San said Raven told him this guy was working until tonight.
Me: Yeah well he's a liar. He's definitely going somewhere else.

For Raven sake I want to be wrong. I want him to go home shower and go back to gym to finish his shift, I really do. However my gut feeling about someone has never been wrong.

But this time, I wish it was because she doesn't deserve this.

Yuta: I've never been to this side of town.
Xiaojun: I have a while ago when I use to do a few deals.
Yuta: Deals, huh?
Xiaojun: Shut up.

Kai pulls into the driveway.

Yeosang: Is this his house?
Xiaojun: No he lives on Parkside Lane.
Me: How'd you know that?
Xiaojun: I have my connections.
Yeosang: Can you ask your connections to run this address?
Xiaojun: Good idea. Then he can tells us who lives here and their background information.
Yuta: Scary.

We watch as Jongin gets out the car and goes into the house.

Me: He has a key to this house. Is it possible he has two houses?
Yeosang: Not likely.

I sigh before updating San on the situation.

Xiaojun: Got a hit. Someone named Suzie. She's thirty-two, a nutritionist, been living here for five years, has a two year old named Eun and a...-

He stops.

Xiaojun: And a husband named Kim Jongin.

_____