Chapter 23

The push notification was like a boulder, stirring up layers of waves on the sparkling lake.

Mingyue rarely got angry but stared at these words for a long time.

——Look at the baby's development this week——

Lou Shijing has been paying attention to the child?

Fifteen seconds later, the screen automatically went dark, and everything returned to normal.

"Hair is blown dry." Lou Shijing turned off the hair dryer and straightened his hair smoothly.

The man walked to the bathroom while reeling the plug cord of the hair dryer, and the elegant pine fragrance gradually faded away.

The rainy night was cold, and the cicadas that had been noisy for several months did not know when they fell silent. The night wind penetrated the room through the half-open glass door, bringing with it a faint sense of humidity and coolness.

Ming Yue was still wearing that set of silk pajamas, which was light and thin, and he was helpless when the cold wind came.

"Why are you in a daze." Seeing his dull eyes, Lou Shijing squatted down slowly, brushing the hair from his forehead, "Are you hungry, do you want something to eat?"

Ming Yue stared at the person in front of him without blinking but didn't answer.

His sight was full of inquiry as if he wanted to figure out Lou Shijing thoroughly.

But all these years, he has never understood Lou Shijing.

This man is too good at hiding his emotions, no matter when he looks deep and contemplative, like a quiet sea, as far as the naked eye can see, it is always so calm.

Being stared at by him for a long time, Lou Shijing couldn't help laughing and said, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Ming Yue lowered his eyes calmly and said, "I'm not hungry. Go away, I'm going to sleep."

"Well, good night." Lou Shijing didn't linger and left soon.

?

Saturday is Shen Mo's birthday, Mo Mo didn't plan to hold a special event, but only invited a few close friends to hold a party in the villa.

The party was held at night, and Ming Yue was worried that he would not be able to bear the delicacies, so he ate dinner in advance before leaving.

After Ming Yue fastened his seat belt, he looked at the man outside the car window and reconfirmed, "Are you really not going?"

The corners of Lou Shijing's lips curved slightly: "He usually runs away faster than anyone else when he sees me in the company. If I go, how can you enjoy yourself?"

Ming Yue snorted lightly: "I'm quite self-aware."

Lou Shijing didn't argue, and warned, "Don't drink."

Probably because he was afraid that he would misunderstand, he said, "You can't drink while driving. If you do, call me and I'll pick you up."

Ming Yue turned his head and did not respond.

Not long after the silver Maserati drove out of the garage, Lou Shijing also drove out of Weiyang Pavilion.

When the young master left just now, he thought of something in his heart, so he decided to go back to the old house to get something.

In the ninth month of the lunar calendar, autumn is in full swing.

The phoenix trees around the Weiyang Pavilion are golden and bright, and the residual leaves swept by the autumn wind cover the entire road. The wheels roll by, and the sound of rustling can be clearly heard.