"oh, no need to be so aggressive scaramouche." she scolded, rolling her eyes, "come eat dinner, i made your favourite."

i turned away, fixing my sleeve, "later."

she hummed to herself, "well dinner will be patiently waiting on the table for you dear."

it was now 21:00 exactly.

laying in bed with an empty stomach.

awaiting for my mother to burst through the door and scold me harshly.

then suddenly,

click, swoosh

the door swung open downstairs. she's here.

thump thump thump

my heart was pounding out of my chest, i could visibly see my chest beating.

bang bang bang bang

the sound of her heavy footsteps on the stairs, and then the eventual opening of my door.

a figure with braided violet hair entered and a azure piercing eyes met mine.

she came up to me and ripped the headphones out of my ears, which was painful as fuck.

a sound of agony escaped my mouth.

"what the FU-" i was cut off by her hand slapping against my face.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU?" she screamed, grabbing my shoulder and lifting me from the bed.

my eyes widened. i didn't expect her to scream at the top of her lungs.

"everyday, theres ANOTHER detention." she thundered, gripping onto my shoulders harder and harder.

"your grades are FALLING. your attendance is FALLING. your life is FALLING."

"please stop. i'll try and improve. it's not even my fault."

she flung me onto the bed, "YOU'RE THROWING YOUR LIFE AWAY, AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE IT'S SOMEONE ELSES FAULT?"

she grabbed my wrist with so much force that i felt the pressure on my bones.

"if this continues, you'll be out of this house. i'll punish you so badly you'll never do this again."

i tried to hold back the tears swelling in my wide eyes, nodding agressively, trying to keep my breathing steady.

"fix yourself you fucking failure. you're not my son." she finished, slamming my door and leaving my room.

i stayed speechless, her words echoing through my head.

fix yourself you fucking failure.

why did she say that.

you're not my son.

why am i like this.