Chapter 3

As expected once we got to class Zara immediately sat next to me and was talking about stupid drama.

As if I would care about what happens in her life.

Although I was looking at Zara all I could think about is Sonic. And then about all of this. Then I realized the truth...

Sonic could never love me and now I have proof. God how could I be so stupid of course thats why he would help me. Because we're only... friends.

My ears dropped and Zara noticed. She then had a concerned look on her face as she asked what was wrong.

"Nothing Zara just continue" I managed to form a slight smile at the end but Zara didn't look so convinced. However she took my answer and continued talking.

Class soon started and everyone fell silent as the teacher started his lecture.

At first I was ok, but then my mind wandered back to Sonic. And then back to our relationship. It hurt like hell knowing that we could never be more, but I still continued loving him.

The bell rang and thankfully took me out of my thoughts. I got up quickly and started to rush towards the door, but before I could make it Zara called my name. I pretended not to hear her so I could just get home as soon as possible but she wouldn't give up and ran towards me making sure I noticed her this time by once again hooking our arms together and walking with me.

"Hey Shadow!" I looked away and rolled my eyes as she continued. "I'm hosting a party tonight and since it's Friday no one has to worry about leaving early! What do you say?" She asked.

"Whose gonna be there?" I asked.

"Well I know that Silver, Rouge, Knuckles, Tails, Sonic, Meph-"
"I'm in." I interrupted her before she could continue.

"Awesome! I'll see you tonight!" She winked at me before walking away to her house. I simply rolled my eyes and did the same.

I hadn't even walked for five minutes when I heard a familiar voice call my name. Instinctively I turned around and saw my long time crush running towards me.

As soon as he got next me he started talking about me and Zara. "So how'd it go? Anything interesting happen?" He said with a smirk. "No not really but she did invite me to that party tonight." I replied. "Oh cool are you going? I know a lot of our friends and I are going." He asked." Yea." I simply said.

"Great!" His smile was so cute I couldn't help but blush a little." Well I'll see you later ok. Bye Shadow!" He said as he walked away.

I got to my house around five minutes later and quickly went upstairs to my room. I quickly took my shoes off and threw myself onto my bed and my mind drifted into today's events. I sighed regretting even running to the bathroom today at lunch. If only I had stayed and dealt with it none of this would've happened.

But then again Sonic wouldn't be focusing on me and hanging around with me. You know what this actually might not be so bad. Well besides the whole Zara part.

I looked at the time and saw it was already five o'clock. I have one hour to get ready for the party. Hmmm maybe I can wear something to impress Sonic.

I looked in my drawers for about thirty minutes before settling with some baggy black ripped jeans, a white shirt, and a black leather jacket.[yes ik it's kind of an over used outfit for him but it just fits so well yk]

By the time I was ready I had about fifteen minutes to spare so I decided to just walk there considering it will use up all that time.

I came to the house around twenty minutes later and saw that her house was packed. The party has only been going on for like ten minutes how the hell did it get that packed!?

"Shadow!" I heard a voice yell from the left of me. I turned and saw Zara running towards me with a cup in her hand that I knew contained alcohol. I mean c'mon it's a high school party why wouldn't there be alcohol.

"I'm so glad you could come Shadow! How you liking the party so far? She asked. "Well I mean I've just arrived so.."   "Oh. That's alright just feel free to explore ok. See ya!" She winked at me and walked off taking a drink from her cup.

I decided to look around for a bit and once I got into the living room something caught my eye. Or more like someone. It was Sonic.

I blushed madly as I looked at him smiling and laughing and overall just having a good time with his friends. He must have seen me because I heard him call my name to come over.

"Hey Shadow I'm surprised you came. You've never struck me as the party type. He said. "Well y'know I just had to come because of well you know who." I said still playing along with my little lie.

"Oh yes of course." He said in realization. It became a little silent until I spoke up. "Hey Sonic" He looked at me "Wanna get a drink?" I asked. "Oh no I don't drink alcohol." He denied. "C'mon Sonic live a little have some fun" I pleaded. "Fun ey. Shadow you have never been a person to wanna have fun so this is a surprise, but hey I suppose one drink couldn't hurt. He said agreeing to get a drink with me.

We both walked to the kitchen and grabbed a can of beer each. One thing led to the other and we ended up getting  at least six more cans and ended up getting hella drunk.

We both walked into the living room and saw that they were playing spin the bottle so of course our drunk asses went ahead and decided to play as well.

Some of the people that had to kiss ended up leaving the game as they were too busy making out, so the circle had gotten smaller until it was just me, Sonic, Zara, Mephiles, Silver, Rouge, and Knuckles.

"Alright whose next?" Rouge asked taking a sip out of her beer. "Ooo me!" Silver yelled in excitement. "Alright hun go ahead." Rouge said pointing to the bottle on the ground.

Silver spinned the bottle and it landed on Mephiles. They both blushed but kissed and just like the other people they left with their tongues in each others mouths. Then Rouge spinned the bottle and it landed on Knuckles. Once again the same thing happened and it was then just me, Sonic, and Zara. Sonic ended up spinning the bottle and as soon as it stopped my eyes had widened in complete shock.

Cliffhanger even though ik you guys probably already know what going to happen next, but anyways I decided to bless yall with a sort of long chapter. Hope you guys like it!

Lots of Love ❤
See ya!