Chapter 44

(Lilly's POV)

My foot hit the pedal as I saw a few biters directly ahead of us. The front of the bus hit them out like a rugby player takes another rugby player out. "It's a left here." Leighanna pointed out. I turned the steering wheel to the left and pulled up outside the school.

(Alfie's POV)

"We're here!" I mentioned. "Looks like someone's been here, or is still here." Megan said whilst looking at the biter traps. Mum opened up the doors and there were no biters in sight.

I walked up to the main doors of the school. "Hello?" Bang! I said whilst banging on the door. I continued to bang. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. "There is a back entrance, follow me!" I said.

The whole of the group followed me around the back. "We could probably climb that!" I said whilst pointing at the break time fence. I was the first to go up and I put my foot on a nail that was sticking out of the wooden fence and put my hands at the top. Francesca pushed my other foot over.

I was now sitting on top of the fence. "What!" I screamed. Leighanna managed to get up the side of the fence too. "Oh my god!"

(Megan's POV)

Alfie and Leighanna looked shocked because of something on the other side of the fence. "What is it?" I asked. Alfie broke down into tears and ran towards this mysterious thing. "Kaci!" He shouted. "But Kaci is dead?" I asked.

(Alfie's POV)

"Kaci!" I yelled as I ran to her. I jumped into her arms and gave her a hug. "How did this happen?" I asked. "I thought you were dead!" I screamed. The rest of the group jumped over the fence and ran towards us. "The zombies that got me only got my arm. I managed to spay awake whilst I cut it off." Kaci replied. "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy your alive!" I screamed. "Where are all the others?" Kaci asked. "Most of them died... but as you can see there are still some familiar faces." I replied.

We all walked into where Kaci was staying. "So you've been alone this whole time?" Megan asked. "There have been people coming and going, but I was the only one left... until now." Kaci replied.