XIII

~Spencer Reid~

The last two weeks had been hectic for Spencer Reid. They'd had back to back cases, leaving very little time for him to spend with Orion. Though he did manage to surprise her at work again after getting back from a case at midday. Seeing the progress she'd made on her sword for the show was impressive. All the pieces were made, she just had to finish the carving now.

His biggest worry had been that he would be pulled away on a case over Valentines Day and all his brainstorming and planning would go to waste. By some miracle, they finished the case and got home in the early hours of the morning. Spencer allowed himself only a few hours of sleep before heading out to set everything up.

Shortly after lunch, Spencer arrived at Orion's door to pick her up. Bouncing on his heels with excitement and anticipation as he waited for her to answer the door. What, in reality, was only a few seconds felt like hours before the door swung open.

"My Lady." Spencer grinned. Bowing and presenting her with the large bouquet of her favorite flowers.

Amused and delighted laughter flowed from her lips. "Why thank you my good Sir." Orion graced him with a flawless curtsy before taking the offered flowers.

"Are you ready to head out?" He asked her, biting his lip slightly.

"Just let me put these in some water and I'll be good to go. Are you going to tell me where we're going now?" Orion's eyes twinkled as they slipped into her apartment so she could find a vase.

"Nope. It's a surprise." Spencer grinned as she narrowed her eyes playfully at him.

"So, you said to dress comfy." She asked to make sure.

"Yes." He nodded. Eyes flicking over her outfit of boot cut black jeans, an olive green shirt, and a simple black coat.

"And you're really not going to give me any hints?" Orion teased as she set the vase of flowers in the center of her kitchen table.

"Orion, I'm banned from all casinos in Las Vegas, I've got a pretty good poker face. I'm not going to slip up if you keep poking questions." Spencer chuckled.

"Don't forget Laughlin and Pahrump." She pointed at him with a smirk as she slipped her feet into a pair of black leather combat style boots. "You're banned from those places too."

"I can't help how easy it is." Spencer joked as they left her apartment and headed down to where his car was parked.

"Funny, Nathaniel made that same excuse." Orion chuckled.

"How are they doing, by the way?" He asked, shifting the conversation as he opened the car door for her.

"Thea says the morning sickness isn't as bad now, and thank you." She pecked him on the cheek before sliding into her seat.

Spencer could feel the heat radiating from his face as his heart skipped happily in his chest. Blinking a few times before remembering to close the door and hurry around to the driverside.

"She's just over three months, right?"

"Yeah, they waited until the risk period was over to tell everyone." Orion nodded and Spencer watched her place her hand on the console between them. Not bothering to fight off a smile as he took the silent invitation to hold her hand.

"What do you think about kids?" Spencer asked without thinking, eyes widening as soon as his brain registered the words that had left his mouth.

"I've always liked them so I guess I'd like to have some at some point." Orion didn't seem perturbed by the question and he let out a breath of relief. Having been worried he'd accidentally freaked her out. "What about you?"