Chapter 2

During the long drive, the pups were thinking of what to do.

Zuma:So, what do we do while we wait?

Champ:What did you guys do last time?

Chase:Not much.

Tracker: Really?

Matthew:Did you guys just stare out the window the entire time?

Rubble: Pretty much.

Everest:I guess if that's the only thing we can do right now.

While some of the pups, along with Champ, were just looking out the window, Rex decided to sit down next to Matthew.

Rex:What are your thoughts about having Champ join the Paw Patrol?

Matthew:That would be great for him, especially after he went through in his life.

Rex:What do you mean?

Matthew: I'll tell you another time.

Champ:Wow, this is so wonderful.

Marshall:Nice to see that you're enjoying yourself.

Tracker:Did Mateo ever take the offer Sweetie and the Princess of BarkingBurg gave him?

Skye:He did.

Tracker:I wonder why he never called me to take him back to the temple.

Champ: What temple?

Rubble:He hasn't told you?

Champ:Nope!

Everest:I would like to hear about this as well.

Rocky:Well, Tracker and Carlos contacted us when a massive temple just appeared out of nowhere. When we finally got inside, we discovered a massive room that looked like a room for planning.

Chase:Champ, did Matt at least show you the map?

Champ:He showed me that, but he didn't tell me about the temple.

Chase:Have you thought of any ways to help him with that?

Champ: That's why I'm training him. Because when the day comes for him to return to Hyrule, that is gonna be a big pain in the neck!

Tuck:How come?

Champ: Hyrule Castle is guarded by massive ancient machines called Guardians. They are very powerful. I was nearly killed by one once.

The pups gulped in fear.

Champ:There is a way to defeat a Guardian, but that takes a lot of effort.

Rex:How?

Champ:It requireds a special type of arrow. If you can hit a Guardian in it's center eye, it will be destroyed in one hit.

Chase:You make that sound very difficult.

Champ:Do you know how to use a bow?

Zuma: The little dude can.

Champ:Even so, it's not easy when a Guardian is constantly moving around.

Tuck: What's with Matthew anyway?

Marshall:What do you mean?

Ella: He's been acting very differently since me and Tuck last saw him.

Chase: Matthew's personality seems to change every time we remember something about his past.

Champ:Ever since Puplantis, he's become more determined to regain his strength.

Tuck: Puplantis?

Champ:(Sighs) Do you pups tell each other anything?