Chapter 15 Night owl

Start from the beginning

Riley went to Jase as he gave her a grey coloured metal lunch box, totally plain, just as she wanted it. She thanked him, as he smiled brightly.

'That's why we call 'thanks' a golden word, it made everyone smile' and that was why she used it on daily basis.

Riley could bet that Jason never heard that word in the morning, and it almost made her smile that he was happy. She went in the front room, where the twins were waiting for her.

Riley went with them to garage and even today they took only one car. She hoped she get to hear songs today. She couldn't take my phone, as it was not allowed, but she swore she saw Myles slipping his phone in his pocket, just like Chris.

Today Myles drove the car. Still there were no songs played. These boys surely lived a boring life. And that's why Riley, as a last remedy for not panicking, started singing in her mind.

And to the fella over there with hella good hair won't you come on over baby we can shake, shake, shake

And by the end of the four songs, they reached their school. It was too less time, but Riley had utilised it nicely. Throughout the ride, none of them spoke so she enjoyed the peaceful unawkward silence.

She got out with Chris as Myles went forward to park the car. Then something magical happened.

"You've memorised your class's way right?" Chris spoke to me.

"Yeah" I replied, still in shock, but not looking at him.

'Christopher spoke to me!! '

Her brother finally spoke to her. Even though it sounded really careless, but it made her feel better. Of course she didn't smile in front of them, but as she went forward alone, she was grinning ear to ear.

Now only if he could forgive her for the day she shouted at him.

Riley climbed stairs twice, entered the class, and in her tune, almost ran into someone, but they both turned away on last moment.

She muttered an apology, and without looking at who the person was and if he ever replied, embarrassedly went near Amber.

Amber was smiling at Riley, and motioned to the empty place near her. Sophie was sitting behind her with a girl of her height, small curly hair, and specs.

Riley nodded gladly at Amber and sat near her. It was her last resort, as she knew no one in class.

'But you knew Parker', a low voice in ger mind said, which I brushed off.

"You almost ran into Ryan" Amber said, making Riley look at who Ryan was again. He was outside the class and chatting with Myles and Chris. He knew them too? Her brothers were quite famous.

Ryan, she observed had neatly cut but still curly hair, and he was almost as tall as her, but she was still taller. Riley sighed. He looked like a character mix of Percy Jackson and William Herondale.

'Why are all good looking boys shorter than me?'

"It was a mistake, I didn't even look who it was" Riley said laughing at her misery.

"Anyways, this is Nancy Kolband" Amber introduced her to the girl sitting with Sophie who waved at her, and Riley waved back smiling.

Like she always could, she saw Parker walking towards them, and Riley suddenly got so interested in her tie. He walked towards Ryan who was now alone and he looked at her suddenly.

'Way to ruin my life'

Riley averted her gaze somewhere else, she hated making eye contact, but she could also be an expert at it, but looking at Ryan gave a feeling in her stomach.