Chapter 10

Narrators pov

The class finally made it to their first trial place. Monokuma sat in the high chair and (Y/n) stood on his left side. Monomi was tied up on his right. Monokuma explained again the rules of the class trial then it begun. "Eh don't we try and talk about the most pressing issue on our minds?" Nagito said.

"As in the body. I mean a body underneath a table?" Everyone agreed. It wasn't until when Kazuichi said the killer moved the body there Hajime spoke up. "I don't think the killer moved the body. I mean look at the body. There's no signs a killer dragged him." They all thought. How could he the body be there then?

"He had to have been killed under there." Hajime said. "So he went under the table for reasons unknown then got killed." Nagito added. They all thought about why he would've went under. "It was probably (Y/n) knife we found underneath the table." Hajime thought out loud. "Oh that knife. Yup totally not the murder weapon. Seriously how is she not a suspect?!" Ibuki rolled her eyes.

"We already went over the fact earlier she's prohibited to attack any of us." Hajime defended her. "That knife he probably noticed it and went under to get it." Everyone else agreed but how could he have noticed it. "Maybe he knew beforehand?" "Or maybe he saw someone take it out?" Chiaki spoke.

"That's right. Togami was probably the only person who was able to see in the dark. He was using those night vision goggles. I found them under the table." Hajime said. Mahiru then argued that the killer was the one to use them. "No Togami was definitely the person to use those goggles. Inside the duralumin case he brought with him to the party. We found a smaller case for storing the night vision goggles. Since he was holding it before the black out he was the only person to access it."

"Hey Monokuma doesn't his personality seem so familiar to you." (Y/n) giggled. "Of course of course. Trials bring out the detective in kids." Monokuma laughed. "So wouldn't the knife be in the case?" Teruteru said not paying attention to the two. "No the knife was duct taped to the table underneath." Hajime answered. "So how could Togami notice it and why was he acting so paranoid before the party."

Everyone agreed Togami went a bit above and beyond just for protection. "Here!" Hajime took out a small piece of paper. It read

'Be careful, the first kill will happen tonight! Someone will definitely kill someone!'

"Only (Y/n) and Monokuma would write that kind of dumb letter." Sayonji laughed. "Wasn't us." Monokuma said. "How was the killer able to find the table in the dark?" Sonia asked. "Did the knife have a mark on it?" Hajime thought. "The glowing paint. It was in the knife and on the duct tape." "So someone knew the blackout was going to happen." Chiakia added. "So the killer was near the breaker room."

"Which means it's Peko Pekoyama!" Kazuichi said. "No I wasn't in the office." "Huh?! Weren't you supposed to be on duty?!" Sayonji questioned. "Wait didn't Nekomaru say that the bathroom was being used the whole time during the black out?" Nekomaru nodded at Hajime. They all realized what he meant by that. "So Peko was in the bathroom. Did you get food poisoning or something?!"

"I felt a pain in my stomach as soon as I stepped into the office. Because of that I wasn't able to leave even during the black out." Peko looked away from embarrassment. "Isn't that too much of a coincidence. Couldn't some have slipped her some laxatives." Fuyuhiko finally spoke up. "The killer could've tripped the breaker as soon as she left. So did you eat any of that party food."

"No that's wrong. Peko wasn't the only person who ate the food. Akane had some too." Hajime shook his head. "How about we leave Peko stomachache and go back to the black out." Mikan suggested. They all nodded. "A power surge maybe." Mahiru said. "I agree. Of course that was not a coincidence. Someone definitely caused it intentionally. The three irons me and Nagito found will prove it. The irons were still on so it cause a power surge." Hajime nodded.