Chapter 4

Naegi pov

Last I remembered I was walking into Hopes peak. I never thought I would make it there but there I was at the entrance. Then next thing I knew I was waking up in a classroom. 'What the heck?' I got up noticing the windows had iron plates on them. I tried to get them off but nothing. I noticed a paper in the front of the room. It said to meet in the gym at 8. Looking at the clock I was late.

I asked over there and opened the door to be met with stares. "So that makes 15 of us." Soon after others started talking one by one. I got a bit nervous but a voice came to me. "It's Naegi right?" I looked to see a blue haired girl. "We went to the same middle school." "Maizono?" "What a relief there's someone here I know." I was a bit shocked. "You mean you actually remember me?"

"Of course I do silly. After all we did go to the same school for three years." "Believe me I know! It's just you were just so popular and I was the complete opposite of that." I looked away. "I knew it I came off as a total snob." Maizono put her hands on her face. "I didn't mean it like that." She giggled at me. "Just teasing."

"I take that back." We laughed. "If you two are done flirting let's get back to the actual problem. Someone here has gathered us for a reason." Then a pig tailed girl chimed in. "The least they could do is give me back my cellphone." All our eyes widened and we checked ourselves. Sure enough gone.

It was then a girl dressed in black and white appeared on the stage. She had (h/c) hair and blue eyes. She then clapped her hands catching our attention. "It's time for the ceremony!" She smiled at us. Just then a stuffed bear popped up on the podium. "I know what you're all thinking and no I'm not a high tec build a bear reject. I'm the principal of this industrial institution. Monokuma! Please to meet you." "And I am (Y/n). Your vice principal." The girl next to the bear spoke.

We were all pretty shocked. Why the heck is a stuffed bear talking and why is this girl allowing this? "I had a nightmare just like this once!" Someone shouted out. "Young man some respect if you please. Monokuma your principal! And your vice principal (Y/n)! Yes yes we know it's something you haven't seen before but now give Your Principals your good morning!" Monokuma demanded.

Only one person bowed. "It will have to do I suppose but welcome younglings to your new living quarters. Rest assured it's for your own good. Wouldn't want the outside world to see you got to keep that sealed." We all were just confused but Monokuma didn't let us talk. "If you are wondering how long it'll be until you guys leave. That'll have to be never. You're stuck here for the rest of your lives." (Y/n) smiled at us:

"Oh sorry by new living quarters I meant permanent living quarters!" Monokuma jumped with excitement. "So the iron plates are supposed to shut us in." I finally said something. "Bingo! In forever go ahead and scream no one else will hear yeah." "But how will we stay here for our whole lives." (Y/n) chuckled. "There is a way out." Her tone darkened.

"Yup! Good old fashioned murder!" Monokuma jumped off the podium. "The student who kills a classmate and gets away with it. Will be permitted to leave here free." He landed in the middle of the gym. He then held a fish. "Know what you kids and this salmon have in common. Neither of you have the faintest notion how tingly the thought of watching you slaughter each other makes me." He threw the fish. "The best of the best. Is there anything hotter."

Everyone started to gang up on him. "Love it or hate it your stuck. Look on the bright side I'm letting you get away with murder for reals. So stop whining and start plotting." Then someone walked up to him. "You want murder? Take this shit any further and you'll be victim number 1!" Monokuma laughed. "Is that a threat? You gonna impale me on the pompadour?" The guy held him up but as quickly as he did that someone behind him appeared with a knife to his throat.

"School rules clearly state no harm should be done to the principal." It was (Y/n). Then we heard a beeping sound. "What's this?" "Toss him!" They threw Monokuma up and he exploded. "That was really huh?!" "So the teddy bears gone?" (Y/n) chuckled. "Not teddy bear Monokuma." He appeared again on the podium. "Consider that a verbal warning young man. Get smart with me again any of you. Let's just say going against the rules will be punished." He held up claws.

"This now concludes the introductory portion of your ceremony." He waved us off and left. "So to make it out of here we have to kill each other?" People started looking at (Y/n). "It's a joke, right?" She didn't say anything and walked up on stage. "Your student handbook will have everything you need. And I'm pretty sure you noticed already but if you also get smart with me I don't use fancy gadgets like Monokuma. So if you'd like to see them then go ahead." She said all that with a smile then left.

We all tried to break out but they were right. We were shut in for good. They even tried to follow where (Y/n) went but no can do. We all started to mistrust people. It was when a fight was about to start I tried to break it but I got punched instead.

I awoke in a room. "Maizono?!" I spotted her. "I got a few others to carry you in. They have also been trying to break this school apart." We kept talking and I thought Maizono was the only person I could trust. We walked to the cafeteria where everyone was. We started talking about the different areas in the school.

(Y/n) pov

I watched them all talk about all kinds of stuff. If only they knew what I do. Watching for a few days seeing them struggle. I held onto Monokuma until I heard them talk about the police. Then I threw Monkuma to where an empty seat was. "Don't tell me your relying on law enforcement." "You can't trick us into killing each other." Naegi shouted. "Of course you can." I walked in. "With enough motivation one is bound to do anything." Monokuma chuckled. "Everyone to the multimedia room."

I rushed before them and placed certain dvd infront of a computer. Then when they came in I watched as all their faces turned. People freaking out. The main tv turned on and Monokuma showed. "Who are you guys and what are you getting at this?" Monokuma laughed. "Good question. Your despair means everything to us." Then that Sayaka girl ran out screaming. Seems like we found the first to break. I started laughing and Monokuma also did too. What a fun class to be in.