-

Life was becoming so awkward.

Maybe Alex was a coward for doing so, but she'd been sort of avoiding Arthur. Not like she was ignoring him or anything, she just approached him way less. They still had lunch together. She just didn't go to find him every recess, which was apparently normal behaviour. Not every couple was as clingy as they were.

Alex always knew they were a couple that received a lot of attention, and for a while she'd learned to live with it, but now it was getting unbearable.

It wasn't like Alex was unused to attention. All eyes were on her last year with her campaign to save the Lynn Building and she actively wanted more people to care. She was Alex Bailey, saviour of the school. She liked being validated. She liked it when people took note of her skills and achievements.

She just didn't like it when people directed the same kind of interest to her love life.

Alex was glad she had other things to occupy her in class. For one, she was helping Eugene out considering he still couldn't write very well. Fred had suddenly taken to asking her about math, which she interpreted as his way of giving her an excuse to be busy (since Fred knew her well enough to know she liked burying her emotions with work).

Arthur seemed to have gotten the hint and left her alone a while. Still, she could tell he was trying to talk to her, but instead of feeling relieved gratified he was trying to make amends (he was probably trying to make amends, right?), she just felt slightly irritated by his attempts to play as her prince. She just wanted to go back to how they were before, but that seemed impossible without communication.

Yet... Alex wasn't sure if communication would solve everything. Arthur seemed to have a different understanding of things than she did. Sure, maybe if Alex was more mature, she would've made amends like a diplomatic adult, but right now, she was just a frustrated, insecure teenager who felt betrayed by how he thought it was okay to take videos of her and post them online without telling her.

Arthur was trying so hard. But for some reason, Alex wasn't really feeling it.

... Maybe Alex was the problem after all.

-

Name: LilacBerry

Posted on: February 27. 11:35am.

Message: shoutout to that one guy playing chess on his phone in class. btw can't believe feb is gonna be over, it was january like a week ago???

-

Name: CloudShift

Commented on: February 27. 11:40am.

Comment: more like a year ago lmao

also time flies by when you're having fun (is not having fun)

-

Name: TrueQuill

Commented on: February 27. 11:42am.

Comment: Fr, this month was kind of crazy and a bit depressing... I'll be glad that it's over, haha

-

Name: CloudShift

Commented on: February 27. 11:45am.

Comment: I really hope March is gonna be better (but I'm a pessimist lol)

-

Name: BlueInk

Commented on: February 27. 11:49am.