Chapter 43: It's a no

Start from the beginning

"He's not my man!" Jimin raises his voice at Chung-ah who's already walking away. Jimin just quickly unblocks Jungkook on his phone. He doesn't have a choice but to send a text to stop further interruption at the reception desk.

'Stop spamming. Stop calling. Just back off. I'm serious.'

Jimin

Letting out a sigh, Jimin looks at the screen of his laptop. He's been trying to focus, but he's not been able to. Actually, Jimin has not been able to focus since the last couple days when he was informed about the arranged marriage. Stupid arrange marriage. Jimin never imagined it would occur to him in this lifetime with the era he's born in. And with the stupid Jeon Jungkook who's been breaking his heart many times.

Jimin scoffs at how Jungkook was trying to explain things, saying that this is not about the benefits. Who would buy that? It's Jungkook he's talking about.

However, the reason why Jimin can't seem to put his mind to rest is the fact that he has to give an answer. It's beyond irritating to think about it because in this condition, it seems that he only has one answer without any choices. His parents have been extremely kind to him. They accept him for who he is, and Jimin wants to return the favor, but marriage?

As much as Jimin wants to stay away from the thoughts, he can't because whenever he tries to focus on work, it'd remind him about his mom losing Ploy magazine to Lee, and that marriage is the only way to save it.

However, their parents are known as best friends. Isn't that already powerful? Do they really need this marriage? Jimin guesses it's just more trustworthy. He never cares much about business, but if this is for business only, then it can simply be just documents for the press. He doesn't need to actually live that marriage life with Jungkook. It would not be that difficult, but wait.

What about his sex life? Getting married to Jungkook only means he can't have fun in that field. They'll be in the public eye. It's not that they're super famous, but they're known in the business world, and this is a social media world we're living in.

How long would this marriage last? Don't even think about having more sex with Jungkook. Jimin doesn't even want to look at him right now. Sex with Jungkook is off the table in this case. He hates those big doe eyes so much. They make his stomach twisted so badly from anger and... and...

"Jimin-shi." The familiar voice calls out to him, waking him up from his thoughts. He's sure it's Chung-ah, the same receptionist. "Mr. Je-"

"I'm so sorry. Is it another call? I sent him a te-" Jimin says while he's turning his head to Chung-ah, and the person who's standing behind her makes his eyes grow bigger. It's Jungkook. The owner of the big doe eyes that make Jimin's stomach twist. "What are you doing here?" Jimin raises his voice before looking around to see if people are watching them. Fortunately, most of them seem to be working on their things. "This is my work time. You're not supposed to invade like this."

"I'm here to meet ajumma. Yuna-shi, I mean." Jungkook informs, looking at Jimin in a serious manner before he glances at Chung-ah who's not so intimidated by him. "Thanks for leading the way. Please go back to work."

"Alright. Yuna-shi wants you in her office too." Chung-ah informs us before she turns around. "Looking forward to the coffee." She then walks away.

"What coffee?" Jungkook asks.

"I'm buying her coffee because some stupid motherfucker won't stop spamming." Jimin says as he gets up.

"That's the only way to reach you." Jungkook follows Jimin who starts walking.