Chapter Nine

There would be more to feast upon in the village. He had already savored the widow's blood. Though he didn't need to feed, he found himself no longer satiated in her presence.

Her scent was milk and honey, magic and starlight. Her fear was an unknowable mystery that he must untangle. It was not his desire, but the desire of his nature. The demon could not help what he was- what he had been created to be.

She called him the devil. Humans had called him much worse before. Their kind could not comprehend that a creature with obsidian skin and eyes could be anything else.

Her thigh was thick and a ripe place for the puncture of his fangs. Head dipping low, he held her open to his satisfaction and in one swift motion began his withdrawal. Just as he suspected, her taste was sweeter than any fruit he'd ever found. Yet a strangeness he did not expect, her fear lessened and a new sweetness took hold.

Delicate fingers laced into long strands of black hair. She raked soft nails over his scalp. And pulled.

***

Willa rolled her hips, grinding herself up against his cheek. If she were going to die, at least he could make it worth her while.

The sensation was overwhelming. The flicker of his tongue over her inner thigh and the way full lips suckled on her flesh was enough to drive her mad. She was mad. As she bucked her hips, worrying herself against him, she knew that this was only an act of insanity.

She didn't want this. She didn't want him. She didn't want strong muscles and the scent of a man. She didn't want to be feasted upon. She didn't want her cunt to gush on his tongue... for him to taste all that was her.

When he growled and moved into position as she pulled on his hair, she knew he did not want those same things either. He wanted so much more.