5. [ car crash ]

TEENAGE DIRTBAG

chapter 5

[ car crash ]

all although ethan wasn't one for running, he ran all the way home that day. he hadn't bothered to pick up his skateboard meaning it was still in the school parking lot but he didn't care. no one was home when he entered the house so he rushed up the stairs whilst breathing heavily.

he slammed his bedroom door shut as he walked in before finally catching his breath and leaning against the door. what the fuck just happened? he took a moment to himself before walking further into his room, only now noticing how tidy it was as everything had been put in its place.

it was quite obviously his mothers doing, she couldn't stand how messy he was.

his eyes widened before quickly rushing over to a brown cardboard box he had shoved under his bed. quickly pulling it out, he opened the box, removing each individual piece of tissue paper covering the bottom.

once all was out, he quickly relaxed. he pulled out a pack of cigarettes along with his black lighter. now, ethan did smoke but not very often only when he thought it was a reasonable time.

he pulled out one of the cigarettes from the pack before shoving the rest back into the box and sliding it back under the bed. he lifted himself up from the floor and made his way to his window, which surprisingly had a nice view of the forest, and opening it wide.

he lit up the cancerous stick before lifting it to his lips and taking a deep inhale. as the smoke left his body, he felt like he could finally relax and try his best to wrap all of his thoughts up.

first of all, the cullens were all insanely gorgeous; all in an inhuman way. they were all adopted yet all had the same golden eyes and pale skin, although pale skin was a common feature around here, they were pale as in not alive pale. he didn't fail to notice how jaspers eyes suddenly changed from gold to black in only a matter of seconds before he and edward vanished to who knows where.

and let's not forget about how quickly hunter had managed to get to his side in one second and how cold he was. there was something seriously up with the cullens and ethan wanted to know exactly what it was.

his thoughts were cut off as he saw slight movement coming from the corner of his eye. he turned his head slowly, there wasn't much light making it hard to see but the sound of bushes rustling was clear.

he focused his eyes on one particular part where the noise was coming from but he couldn't quite see anything making him squint his eyes. it was very faint but ethan swore he could see a sort of figure lingering in the distance behind a large tree.

ethan knew it was dumb, really fucking dumb, and he knew that if this were a horror movie and he spoke out, he would most likely die; he did it anyways. "who the fuck is there?" it didn't surprise him that he didn't get a response.

the faint outline of the figure looked like it moved back, now completely vanishing from his sight. ethan only stared after it, once again he was left in a situation unsure of what to think or feel. he quickly finished his smoke and threw it out the window before shutting it.

he closed his curtains before smiling at himself in disbelief, "god, this town is going to make me go crazy." he mumbled to himself, running his hands through his curly hair as he stood still in his small room.