20- A special request

Brady's P.O.V.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

I couldn't stop smiling as I wheeled myself down the ramp and over to my truck, where Jake was waiting for me.

I was happy Eleanor had opened up a little and I was determined to learn more about that blue eyed beauty. Her ex hurt her, I could see it in her eyes… Why people cheated on others was beyond me but it brought her here and for that I was grateful.

It bothered me watching the Thornton ranch going down hill the past few years. Henry was like another Grandfather figure in my life and even though Henry never admitted it, this ranch meant a lot to him… I could see it. He had the same look in his eyes as Eleanor did looking out into the mountains today.

This place brought them both some peace.

Henry and I talked all the time growing up and I felt like I could do the same with her. Even though my family probably knew I was scared about the outcome of the rest of my life, I never openly admitted that to anybody else before, not even to Jake.

Her voice was beautiful, just like her. She was genuinely a sweet person with some fight in her and someone I knew I needed to get to know more about.

For the first time in the last year, I forgot about my own pain and my heart started to beat again as she sang. I was undeniably attracted to Eleanor, I couldn't explain this feeling she gave me because I've never had it before.

Alright, that was a lie. One other time I had this feeling, it was my very first kiss when I was just about fifteen. I shared it with an unknown blondie that had me searching for her for weeks. It's like she completely disappeared. The guys thought maybe she was a tourist. I even went as far as going to Henry and Eleanor ranch to see if their granddaughter; Eleanor, was visiting... But she wasn't there.

The look Eleanor had when I said tomorrow wasn't a date made my heart do somersaults. Did she want it to be a date as much as I really did?

Risking my heart again wasn't smart though, especially when I knew she wasn't staying. So this was definitely a just to get to know each other night. I needed to get through this surgery, that was my main focus right now.

"Is Eleanor all settled down now? Did you tuck her in?" Jake teased, wiggling his eyes as he helped latch me to the lift.

"Shut up!"

Nora's P.O.V.

All day I've been thinking about tonight. I was nervous. I never get nervous… ever. Especially when it comes to guys but Brady had me not thinking clearly.

He was so hot and cold and I was afraid any minute he would go back to being grumpy again.

I definitely wasn't ready to start dating anyone but even grumpy… my body responded to Brady for whatever reason.

"Fuck."

I needed to get laid and I didn't have time for Fernando. I was supposed to be at the Montgomery Ranch in forty-five minutes.

I definitely didn't want to be overdressed. It wasn't a date after all… he said we were going to a bar for wings.

I settled on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top and black dress sandals. I put my black and white flannel on, rolling it up to my elbows. I put on my cowboy hat, adjusted my necklace, and looked myself over in the mirror.

My phone buzzed. Earlier I asked Kassidy if she was going to be home because I had some things for her to look through. It was her, telling me she was home and I could come whenever.