55

{Chapter 55}

{Chapter 55}

While Melinda was doing her errands, Aaron and Jack arrived at the house to unpack their possessions. Aaron knelt down to the doormat, lifting it, to get the house key from underneath. He unlocked the door and opened it, letting Jack in first. Aaron placed the keys on the counter then him and Jack began to take things of theirs from their car. Aaron grabbed all the big boxes, while Jack grabbed the ones that were less weight. After they unpacked everything, Aaron looked at his son and beckoned him over.

"Jack, how about we make dinner for Melinda?" Aaron asked

Jack nodded excitedly, "Yes!"

Aaron chuckled as they walked into the kitchen and Aaron grabbed ingredients for dinner. He and Jack washed their hands and began cooking as they waited for Melinda to get home. It wasn't long, however, that she arrived at home to see the two already unpacked and everything.

"Aaron! Jack!" Melinda called out

Jack gasped and ran into the living room to see Melinda placing her keys on the table. He ran to her giggling and wrapped his arms around her waist, making her smile and knelt down to his height. She hugged him correctly as Aaron placed down a washcloth and walked out of the kitchen. Melinda looked up at him and smiled at him, which he returned as Melinda stood back up. Aaron placed a hand on her chin and pulled her into a kiss, while Jack made a grossed out look as he watched his parents kiss.

"You need help bringing stuff inside?" Aaron asked

Melinda shook her head, "No, I can handle it. What were you doing?"

"I'm making dinner." Aaron informs her

Melinda frowned, confused, "Why? I could've made dinner."

Aaron shook his head, "Think of it as a thank you for letting us move in."

Melinda smiled and kissed his cheek, before leaving out the door to get the stuff from the car. She walked back in with the bags and began to place everything in the pantry and cabinets. Aaron watched her for a second before looking back at the stove to continue cooking. Melinda opened the pantry to take three plates out and laid them next to Aaron on the counter. He smiled at her and wrapped an arm around her waist then pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Food should be done soon." Aaron informed her

Melinda nodded before her phone rings, making her pull her phone out of her pocket. She moved her phone to her ear as she answered the phone call.

"Hello?" Melinda answered

Aaron glanced at her in concern at who she was calling, while he began to plate the food. Melinda felt him remove his arm from around her waist, while she leaned her phone against her ear as she helped him plate the food.