53

{Chapter 53}

{Chapter 53}

Melinda and Daisy were still up and began walking to the balcony of the hotel. They didn't expect to see Penelope there crying, so the mother-daughter duo walked over to her quietly. Penelope heard footsteps and turned to look at who was behind her to see the May women. She tried to hide that she was crying but she was unsuccessful in that matter.

"What happened?" Daisy asked

"Don't try to lie." Melinda added in sternly

Penelope sniffled, "Kevin and I broke up."

Daisy's jaw dropped, "What? Why?"

Melinda looked out of the balcony with her fists clenched at the thought of Kevin hurting the normally happy girl. Penelope sniffled and wiped her face with her sleeve as Daisy rubbed her back.

"I told him how I felt about Morgan. He got upset and he's leaving." Penelope informed them

Daisy was shocked to hear what she said as Melinda crossed her arms as she knew already about what happened. Daisy glanced at her mother and gave her a 'you already know?' look. Melinda nodded making Daisy nod before pulling Penelope into a hug.

"What are you going to do?" Daisy asked

Penelope looked at her, "I will continue this trip as if nothing happened, then when we get back I'll decide what I want to do. Sorry if I woke you guys up or am bothering you."

"You're not bothering us, Pen. You're a member of our team and we will continue to worry and be concerned about you. If you ever need anything, let us know." Melinda informed her

Penelope gave a small smile before nodding then she walked back to her hotel room. Daisy and Melinda stood next to each other on the balcony.

"How long did you know?" Daisy asked

"Yesterday. She told me while everyone was playing in the water." Melinda replied

Daisy nodded at her answer, before they heard a door open and close. They looked over their shoulder to see Spencer walking towards them.

"Hey, I thought you were sleeping?" Daisy asked

Spencer nodded tiredly, "I was but I woke up to Charlotte having a nightmare."

Daisy held a look of concern before the couple left to go take care of the baby, leaving Melinda alone on the balcony. She leaned against the railing, watching the waves clash against the sand, as people walked the beach in the dark. Another door opened making her glance over her shoulder to see Aaron.