84

At Scott's house, Corey pointed to a black mark on the ceiling. "That's how he got in?"

"What is this?" Scott wondered.

"It's a point of impact from a lightning strike," Mason replied. "Usually you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm."

"That's how the Ghost Rider got in. He rode lightning," Scott realized.

Stiles glanced at them. "If they can use the lightning to get past the Mountain Ash... No place is safe."

"What about the others?" Corey wondered. "It's my fault they're marked."

Scott shook his head. "We'll find some way to protect him."

---

Scott and Stiles met up with Lydia and Malia. Lydia showed them an ID card. "It's a relic."

Malia frowned. "What's a relic?"

"An object with a fixed association to the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken. And Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor."

Scott frowned. "How can a person can be erased and leave something behind?"

"A conservation of mass," Lydia explained. "The total mass of any isolated system remains constant."

Malia nodded slowly. "So even the Ghost Riders have a weakness."

Stiles smiled lightly. "If we find a relic, we have proof that Molly existed."

Scott nodded. "And maybe we can bring them back."

---

Lydia and Stiles made their way back to the boys' home and Dean frowned at them. "You want to search our house."

The two nodded as Lydia said, "People are leaving things behind. Relics. So if Molly left anything..."

"Why, why would it be there?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "You can't just erase people. There's always something they leave behind."

Dean sighed. "I couldn't sleep last night. So, um, I got up, figured I'd do some research, which wasn't as bad as I thought. The files were in the back of the car. So, I, I go to the garage, and some of Sam's stuff has fallen off a shelf and I, I stubbed my toe on the back of a gun. Without thinking, I yelled a name..."

"Molly," Stiles finished.

The two walked through the house. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Lydia shook her head. "No. Thank you."

"Good luck. I'll leave you both to it."

Stiles turned, hearing a voice. "Can you see me?"

He and Lydia looked closer at the wallpaper and looked around, making sure no one was coming. They both grabbed a corner of the wallpaper and started peeling it back. Dean rushed in and stepped in front of them, causing Lydia to flinch.

"What are you two doing?" Dean demanded.

Stiles stared at him nervously. "I'm sorry. We shouldn't have done that."

"I think that's something we can agree on." He looked at Stiles sympathetically. "Look, kid, maybe you should talk to someone."

---

Lydia and Stiles ran to the school.

As soon as they arrived, Natalie Martin walked up to the two and frowned at them. "Were you two tearing Sam and Dean's wallpaper?"