Not so happy returns Vol. 1

Start from the beginning

Luz: Hey guys! *Stands up, walks over to AJ, looking the box in his hands* Now we've got everything we need to make this, *Pumps her fists in the air* the best birthday ever!

AJ: Shh. *Puts up a finger to his lips* This is a surprise party, remember?

Luz: Oh, right. *Cups the side of her mouth, whispering* The best birthday ever.

AJ and Amity let out a laugh to their girlfriend's silliness.

Amity: Where should we set the presents?

Luz: Oh, *Points over to the small stack of presents* just set them with the rest.

Amity, Willow, and Gus nod before they set their presents on top or beside Eda's poorly wrapped presents.

Willow: I can't believe Millie's gonna be a year old tomorrow. *Cups her hands together* It feels like it was just yesterday when I first scratches her cute wittle ears.

Gus: *Turns to AJ* Hey AJ, does Millie like living cat toys, or just the string on a stick cat toy?

AJ: A little bit of both. *Sets the in his hands down* She likes to hunt her prey, but she also likes her toys to not bite back.

Gus: *Nods* Okay.

Suddenly Gus' present started shaking with low growling and grunts coming from inside it. Everyone looked to it as Gus just gives a quick kick at it, making it stop moving and growling.

Gus: *Smiles innocently* Just wanted to make sure.

AJ, Luz, and King were the only ones growing nervous about the present while everyone just shrugged it off with a smile.

AJ: *Looks away, sweat dropping* Anyway, *Turns to King* you and Luz got a plan ready for her birthday?

King: *Holds up his list* Sure do.

AJ: *Nods* Awesome.

Luz: *Walks over to him* After breakfast tomorrow, you're gonna take Millie around when you found her, *Pinches his cheek, does a baby talk voice* and have some hora de papa e hija.

AJ: *Looks to her unamused, takes her hand off his face* What does a dad and a daughter bonding have to do with me and Mi-? *Realization hits him* Wait.. She sees me as a dad?

King: *Stands up, walks over to him* Oh yeah, she's called you dad and daddy for a while now.

AJ: *Eyes widen* Seriously?! For how long?!

King: I think sometime before the coven parade? *Folds up the paper in his hands* I asked her about it the other day, *Hands the paper to Luz* she really does consider you as her father.

AJ: *His mouth hung open for a moment in shock* Wow.

Eda: It's not a common thing, but there have been signs of demon beasts that see their beasts keepers as parental figures.

AJ looks out the window to see Hooty keeping Millie distracted by helping her train her teleporting abilitie. Luz walks over next to him to watch along with him as King climbs up AJ's shoulder to watch as well.