--------------

Jane frowned at her journal, she wrote down what she heard and saw, as she always did. She saw Catalina almost crying, then being comforted. Then when she had calmed down, Jane could hear the words 'lips', 'like' and 'crush'.

She felt jealous, her stomach almost hurt, she didn't want Catalina to have a boyfriend, Jane wanted to fill that role, she's been wanting to fill that role since 7th grade. But since, obviously, she couldn't actually muster the courage to walk up to Lina and introduce herself, she just wrote everything down. Like a notebook full of someone else's life (kind of).

"You okay there?" Anne elbowed Jane. With a squeak, Jane closed the book with way too much force to hide her writing.

"Oh?" Anne wondered, grinning teasingly at the book.

"Just leave it, Anne, I'm thinking," Jane stared the hard cover, not wanting to look at Anne's stupid smile.

Anne stretched, "thinking of who?" she casually asked.

At Anne's calm tone, a relaxed one, she almost responded without considering the consequences, "I- None of your concerns."

Anne smirks smugly, "whatever, I know you like her anyway."

Her voice was convincing, so convincing in fact that Jane clutched the book close to her chest, "I don't like Lina!" she whispered defensively.

Anne leaned back, nodding in silence, while she internally celebrated her win.

The realisation flashed in Jane's eyes, "wait-"

"Not so smart, are you now, Jane?" Anne snickered behind her hand.

Jane was frozen in place, her thoughts racing. Anne waved her hand, "I'm not gonna tell her, don't worry.. Iiif you do me a favour."

Already searching in her bag, "how much do you want?"

"No money, you're broke anyway."

Jane stopped, looking suspiciously at Anne, "which subjects?"

"I don't want homework either! Why so mean? I'm smart."

"Then what could you possibly want?" Jane grumbled.

"What're you always writing in that book? Is it like a diary?"

Now Jane had a decision to make, was she going to lie to Anne, who could possibly see through her. Or she could confess and have Anne know her deepest secret, which was kind of inevitable.

"I'll tell you, but not here. You're too loud."

Anne's jaw dropped in feigned offence and she held her hand to her chest, "rude."

When Jane looked at Catalina one last time before getting up, she made the uncomfortable realisation that Catalina was actually looking at her as well. This made Jane internally shut down, she wasn't aware how she looked right now, nor that Anne was dragging her out of the room.

--------------

"See?" Catalina roughly gestured at the now empty table, "I told you. She doesn't like me in the slightest. I swear I saw Anne grin that stupid effing grin. They were looking directly at us multiple times today."

Cathy awkwardly picked at some paint that was on the cafeteria table for whatever reason, "it can't be that bad. There's got to be at least a bit of liking on her side. You're pretty cool after all."

Despite how convinced Cathy sounded in her own words, with the best will in the world Catalina couldn't imagine it actually being true. She didn't have much hope, she was perfectly okay with having to admire Jane from afar, and had been for a long time.

Six the Musical Oneshots (Not Given Up On, Just On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें